FPS issues with my Intel NUC (i7, 10gen) + Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ (eG...

Notifications
Clear all

FPS issues with my Intel NUC (i7, 10gen) + Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ (eGPU: Razer core X)  

RSS

peuwl
(@peuwl)

So!

Some days ago i got a NUC (i7 10gen) for my eGPU setup (Razer core X + Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+) to be able to play some windows based games. Normally i'm a mac user, so basically i don't know what i'm doing - i'm just in it for the games.

After some struggling i got it to work VERY well. I was running CS:GO on maxed out settings with about 200-250 fps (way better than i first expected). But after that i did something.. I updated some drivers of some sort or something, and now CS:GO is barely playable (like.. 40-ish fps). 

I just cant seem to get it to work again!

I've tried:
* DDU + reinstalled some different versions of the AMD driver and disabling/uninstalled the internal GPU.
* Alot of different bios settings.
* Different kind of cables (Probably doesnt have anything to do with it, but this man is pathetic and frustrated).

My last hope is to find someone in this forum who can tell me what to do. Some kind of tech genius Jesus who can show me config miracles and make me a believer again before it's to late. Help!

Thanks in advance!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
peuwl
(@peuwl)

solved it! (Bios settings..)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
styl_magnus
(@styl_magnus)

@peuwl, may I know what did you tweak in the BIOS settings?

Thanks in advance!

2019 15" Lenovo Legion Y740 (RTX2060) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
peuwl
(@peuwl)

@styl_magnus

I thought the problem was the eGPU at first, but after like.. 20h of testing different drivers/settings i did a benchmark test ( https://www.userbenchmark.com/) and found out the problem was the CPU. I just restored to the recommended defaults (Pressing F9 while in bios, if i remember right). Before that i had some sketchy settings i found in some setup-guide Smile

Mini i5 liked
ReplyQuote
styl_magnus
(@styl_magnus)

@peuwl, thanks for sharing what you did to fix this issue! I'm just waiting for my MSi 3070 to arrive, before I start using the Matiz Saturn Pro eGPU. Will try to do this in case I encounter a similar issue 🙂 

2019 15" Lenovo Legion Y740 (RTX2060) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
peuwl
(@peuwl)

@styl_magnus, good luck! 🙂

ReplyQuote