Graphic Performance Issues with Razer Core X Chrome + ASUS GTX1660 Super OC + HP...

Notifications
Clear all

Graphic Performance Issues with Razer Core X Chrome + ASUS GTX1660 Super OC + HP X360 1030 G3 (I7 8550U, 16GB RAM)  

RSS

Daniel Fenk
(@daniel_fenk)

Hello Smile

I bought a Razer Core X Chroma last week and wanted to run it with a Nvidia GTX 1660 Super Dual OC from ASUS in connection with my HP Elitebook X360 1030 G3 (2x 4PCI Lanes TB3 connectors, I7-8550U and 16GB RAM).

Unfortunately the core does not achieve the desired graphics performance (does not even reach the FPS, which my 12 years older desktop PC achieves with the same application with identical settings)
During the test with the game "Guild Wars 2" the CPU of the notebook ran on approx. 45% and the RAM was occupied approx. 50%. The graphics card, however, never reached more than 40°C and its fans did not switch during operation (fans definitely work, however). It seems as if the graphics card is not stressed in the least.

According to the Razer Core X Chroma product page, the GTX 1660 Super is supported.

In the Nvidia graphics menu it showed me, that the game and other apps were definitely operated with the GTX 1660 Super

Actual state:
-The installation of the core with the graphics card was carried out exactly as i was told by the handbook.

-The Plug and Play works perfectly.

-Latest graphics card driver of the GTX 1660 Super from the manufacturer was installed.

-The TB3 drivers have been checked, but are already up to date.

-The graphics card was tested with my desktop PC and works there without problems (fans running, 60° "operating temperature")

-The peripherals connected to the core also work perfectly but have a bit of delay directly after the start up

-The following devices are currently connected to the core
   - Samsung 24" monitor via DVI
   - Samsung 24" monitor via HDMI
   - Network cable
   - Razer Naga Trinity Mouse
   - Logitech G930 Headset
   - Roccat Isku keyboard

Now I don't know what else I could do to get more power out of this system...

This topic was modified 5 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

You didn't provide any benchmarks (what FPS you got or what FPS you expect) and you did not say what resolution you are playing at or what display models you are using.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

@daniel_fenk

Guild Wars 2 wouldn’t be my first choice for benchmarking a new eGPU. It’s coded for outdated DX9 and depends heavily on single core CPU speed for performance. 

Download Unigine Superposition. It’s a better way to look at the big picture. You’ll get more useful information about your setup out of it.

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.5 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / LG 27" 4K display

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Daniel Fenk
(@daniel_fenk)

@mini i5

thanks for the tip. i have downloaded the program and tested it with different settings. I have uploaded the test results under the following link

https://imgur.com/a/hf0Lfu5

This post was modified 5 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

@daniel_fenk

Those are good scores for the 1660 Super at 1080p and 4K.

The Superposition benchmark puts a heavy workload on graphics cards.

Your eGPU set up handled it fine.

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.5 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote