[SOLVED] 2019 13" MacBook Pro + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10

Notifications
Clear all

[SOLVED] 2019 13" MacBook Pro + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10  

RSS

ekatanata
(@ekatanata)

Trying to build this configuration using different solutions form this forum:

Hotplug eGPU at the spinning circles

It works once for me. I've been very glad but after reboot Windows always crashes to BSOD (kernel_security_check_failure). Bootcamp reinstall doesn't help. BSOD appears in every way:

• With or without automatic drivers update
  • With or without any graphic drivers
  • After gaming box reset

Coldplug with custom EFI loaders

• rEFind doesn't work for me with apple_set_os.efi. Neither original or special for mac with a T2 security chip
  • automate-eGPU EFI doesn't work itself, but with modified apple_set_os.efi I can successfully load to Windows. But after load, I always have code 12 error
  • apple_set_os loader v0.5 works great by itself and after boot code 12 appears anyway

Code 12 solutions from this topic don't work for me. Trying them all except specific for other MacBook models. With DSTD overrides I stuck with using asl. It can't proceed with my .dat file. 

Now I experimenting with last insiders preview windows. Rumor has it that code 12 fixed there.

MacBook configuration:
— 1,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
— 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
— Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

I would be very grateful for any help. Sorry if my English doesn't good enough

This topic was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ekatanata,  Have you used DDU to uninstall Nvidia graphics drivers? I have a 2019 13-in MacBook Pro and it has been working great with Nvidia eGPU in Boot Camp through hot-plug. Make sure to open OPTIONS in DDU and disable Windows auto search for device drivers.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
ekatanata
(@ekatanata)

@itsage, Yes, I use this tool. But the problem was in hardware detection, not in drivers. I think it works for you because of it another mac configuration, there are two options of MacBooks: with i7 and i5 CPU. They have a lot of differences inside. I have a base model with i5 and two thunderbolt ports which somehow connected with CPU. Sorry, can't remember details, but I read of this somewhere in this forum today

Meanwhile, I have a successful install eGPU!

I boot in the latest windows insiders preview with this apple_set_os.efi loader with an unplugged monitor (it's important). It works great and eGPU properly load with windows. Next, I have code 12 what solved with the gpu-switch integrated script and toggle on and off PCI Ports in this order:

1. Disable Port contains network and Bluetooth adapters (to give windows some space)
  2. Disable Port contains thunderbolts
  3. Enable thunderbolts. Now error 12 gone
  4. Enable adapters

After all plug monitor. And all works perfectly except I need to do this strange stuff in device manager sometimes if code 12 appears.

I think this must be work in any other version of Windows 10, so this weekend I plan to install the normal release. Anyway, if someone here knows how to use this configuration simple please let me know.

This post was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote