Notifications
Clear all

(Help) 5700 XT + Razer Core X + Dell XPS 15 9570 error code 12  

of  2
  RSS

Naik
 Naik
(@naik)

Hi, I've been trying to get the egpu setup working on my laptop and can't figure out how to get rid of the error code 12.

I have used DDU to do clean installs and removed some Windows updates to make sure I'm on 1903 .259 windows version, and I'm not sure what to do here, any able to help or provide insight how I can get this to work?

Additional information: I do not have a dgpu laptop, it has the Intel HD 630.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@naik Have you tried booting into Windows with the eGPU connected?

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Naik
 Naik
(@naik)

@itsage

I have attempted booting into windows with it plugged in but it doesn't, I get a black screen, nothing there. Both with the laptop screen and when HDMI connected to external. 

I have to hard reset with TB3 disconnected.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
affreightment
(@affreightment)

I have the same code 12 issue, with a 5700 XT and a AKiTiO Node Pro on my Dell XPS 15 9570.

I wanted to use it through a Dell TB16 dock, but I've tried also without the TB16 in the middle. Doesn't appear to have any impact.

Unlike OP, though, the eGPU works fine with my 9570 when I boot with the eGPU connected, but when I unplug and replug, I get error code 12 again. My other difference from OP is that I have a dGPU variant of the 9570 (NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti with Max-Q)

Tried downgrading to Windows build .295 per the other thread, and that doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. It did seem to fix it for the poster with a Razer Blade Stealth + RX 5700 though.

This post was modified 2 years ago

ReplyQuote
Naik
 Naik
(@naik)

@affreightment

@itsage

I was able to get it boot with the thunderbolt, I was also able to get rid of the error code 12 after messing with the bios setting to allow thunderbolt preboot and such. 

Now I get a consistent error code 43, tried DDU and nothing, constant 43 when I boot into windows or when I unplug tb3 and replug. Any help would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@naik Try an older version of Radeon drivers such as 19.7.3.

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Naik
 Naik
(@naik)

@itsage

Installing an older driver has not rid of the error code 43, unfortunately :(.

@affreightment You have any success with enabling the Thunderbolt boot and pre-boot stuff with Security to off/none?

This post was modified 2 years ago

ReplyQuote
Naik
 Naik
(@naik)

@itsage

So after more tinkering around, I have corrected the error code 43, and I can in device manager that it "running" properly.

When loading either GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner, the gpu clock and memory clock is 0, voltage and temp is 0.

?width=778&height=536

Along with that I cannot open AMD Settings, I get 

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@naik Have you tested this GPU to confirm it's working in a different system/setup?

ReplyQuote
Naik
 Naik
(@naik)

@itsage

I have tested it originally with Razer Core X + Macbook Air  + bootcamp, played Vermintide 2 successfully.

The thought of the card being bad had crossed my mind but the card had also worked on a different setup.

ReplyQuote
 of  2