Clear all

(Help) 5700 XT + Razer Core X + Dell XPS 15 9570 error code 12  

of  2
  RSS

lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Eminent Member

I am replying to this thread to report on similar issues that I am experiencing, I know there are some other threads that mentioned hot plug issues with rx5700 cards. Hopefully this may help.

So, I have upgraded my build below with a 5700xt, ASUS TUF 3 EVO. Ice Lake 1065g7.

I basically hot unplugged the XGS Pro, swapped the graphics cards, and then plugged it back in. Didn't get picture right away but it installed drivers and worked fine after reboot.

However, hot plugging results in error 12, and the only way to get it back is rebooting.

Things I have since tried that did not work:

1. DDU and various different driver versions. DDU also of Intel iGPU drivers and various versions.

2. XGS Pro hot plug tool.

3. Ejecting the GPU with XConnect.

4. Uninstalling the PCI bus to try to force reallocation of resources.

5. Updating the BIOS to try to force reallocation of resources.

6. In device manager, I displayed the hidden devices and saw that the 5700xt and its audio were both present as hidden devices in addition to working devices. I tried uninstalling all hidden devices, but hot plugging made the hidden 5700xt devices re-appear. I thought to myself "was this also happening with my rx580?" No, I confirmed - she hot plugged and still works just fine, no hidden rx580 devices. Two hidden copies of the rx5700 still show up, however.

At this point I'm at a bit of a loss. I think it has something to do with the hidden devices? Please share any ideas that anyone may have.

I don't think changing windows versions or resetting windows is going to fix this, and I don't really want to go that far. For now I am going to have to live with issue but may be returning the 5700xt. I would like to try an nVidia card anyway to see how the experience differs anyway, but they are so pricey and hard to get my hands on.

When I have some time I will fully write up this "new" build.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Eminent Member

@, I upgraded again to Win 10 2004 and I can advise that hot-plugging works. The 5700xt is still showing as a hidden device, however.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  2