Help!!! Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 cannot work with Akitio Node+GIGABYTE GTX 1070

Notifications
Clear all

Help!!! Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 cannot work with Akitio Node+GIGABYTE GTX 1070  

RSS

谭子建
(@xianglong2001)

I don’t know where I did wrong. When I connected Node to my Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1, the Thunderbolt Control Center (UWP version of the control program) or Intel Thunderbolt Software showed that I have connected to the device(the Node). In the program's 'detail', my NVM version is 40.00, and the control center says my laptop can support external GPU. However, the system did not detect the GTX 1070 like a normal PC and didn't start to install the driver either---nothing happened after just hearing the prompt sound of the new device connection. Device Manager didn't show I've connected my eGPU.

BTW, my laptop's configuration:

CPU: i7-8665U with vPro

IGPU: UHD 620

RAM: DDR3 16GB

Thunderbolt ports: Double full speed ports with PD, 4 lanes PCIe, eGPU ready(At least the Control Centre said that it support eGPU)

OS version: Windows 10 Home Chinese Edition V2004

All the drivers are latest, I have tried to uninstall and install Thunderbolt drivers several times. However, I found that I can update the Node's firmware by the official tool(Does it means the connection between laptop and Node is fine?). In Settings, there are 2 new devices have shown--PCI to PCI Bridge and Base System Device. I've tried to adjust the security level from SL1 to SL0 and enable Thunderbolt Boot(Thunderbolt device pre-boot before system start) in BIOS, but there is no difference compared with my first connection.

I am really anxious about this issue, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Tony Tan

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ghislain4
(@ghislain4)

Have you downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver and tried to install it? The first thing the installer normally does is to search for a compatible GPU in your system. May be would find your GTX card and proceed to the driver installation...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote