Help! Razer Blade 15 Base (2018) and Razer Core X Chroma

Notifications
Clear all

Help! Razer Blade 15 Base (2018) and Razer Core X Chroma  

RSS

BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

Hello to all,

I have a Razer Core x Chroma connected to my Razer Blade 15 Base (2018). The graphics card is not recognized. I only see the eGpu via Synapse3 and can set the RGB.
But the graphics card is not displayed in the setting in Windows, also my LCD remains black when I connect it to the Core X Chroma.

I also can't connect to the Blade 15 via the USB from the Core X Chroma.

My configuration:

Should you still need pictures I could upload them

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

Hello,

I have tried the following points, but there was no improvement.

1. another Thunderbolt cable
  2. with and without graphics card the Razer Core X Chroma connected
  3. tested a second graphics card
  4. tested the security level for Thunderbolt in the bios without security

For testing I have also connected a Thunderbolt USB dock, this has worked.

Now I am still at a lost. 😐 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

A small success.

I can now use the USB and network port on the Razer Core X Chroma. Which did not work at the beginning.

I uninstalled the Intel Thunderbolt Software. The USB an network port was immediately displayed in the control panel.

These devices now appear as USB 3.0. Is that correct?

Is the Thunderbolt software needed to work with the graphics card?

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

Hello,

After testing some old drivers and installing some old Thunderbolt 3 software, I now see the Razer Core X Chroma.

It´s normal that the Razer Core X Chroma is displayed 2x in the software?

But it is still missing the graphics card now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@blueeagle1234, Razer Core X Chroma has two Thunderbolt controllers (one connected to the first) so it will appear twice.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

another small success,

I have connected another graphics card which is recognized immediately.

The Razer Core X Chroma works without problems.

Now only the RTX 3080 has to be detected.

Do you have any ideas?

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

Hello,

I got it to work. The error was in the wiring of the graphics card.

Since the MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM X has 3x8 pin connectors, I had to use a Y-cable, which was defective and I replaced it.

But what would my notebook be if there were no other problems due to it.

I now have USB dropouts due to the connection of the RTX 3080.

Every 2 minutes the USB loses connection and mouse and keyboard are dead.

What could be the cause of this problem?

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

Hello,

I still have the problems with the usb ports.

Every time i connect the egpu the usb ports fail and reconnect. This happens at different times.

I have worked through the following points.

• USB driver new installed
  • new installed graphics card driver (with DDU)
  • new windows installed

Now i am out of ideas. Can anyone help me?

ReplyQuote
BlueEagle1234
(@blueeagle1234)

Hello,

I got it to work, it was because of the USB Hubs. (Laptop Stands and Razer Base Station Chroma)
Once I removed them from the laptop and connected only the mouse and keyboard it works.

I guess TB3 and USB share a PCH controller and this is then overstrained with all the USB devices.

ReplyQuote
olyvers26
(@olyvers26)

hello,

Could you tell me what exact splitter you bought.

I have the Razer Core X not the Chroma, working with a Gtx 1080 but now I have an offer for a 3080 Sprim, with 3x8 pin connectors. Since it works with your Chroma i suppose it should work with the Core X too. 

Did you encounter any problems while putting load on it (artefacts, crashes , blue screens)

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Olyver.

Dell G3 + AORUS GTX 1080 Gaming Box, Lenovo Thinkpad X230 + EXP GDC 8.5C + GTX 460, Dell G3+Razer Core X + Asus Rog Strix 2080 ti

ReplyQuote