RSS

cantoo575
(@cantoo575)

Hello my computer specs are:
macbook pro 13” mid-2017
touchbar w/ 4 tb3
i7
8gb ram

I have a Razer Core X running a GTX 1080.
Bootcamp with Windows 10 home 1803

I have followed the build guides and troubleshooting topics to try and resolve my issue, but need to seek guidance. I have used the boot script on bootloader. I have tried different drivers. I’ve tried hotplugging my egpu, i have tried booting with it plugged in. I have disabled the recommended root port, and even the factime camera. I use the lower left tb3 closest to tab key, as guides recommended. I’ve tried older drivers, and newer drivers. 

When I plug my egpu from cold start the windows loading screen starts flickering, showing random artifacts then eventually reboots.

If I hotplug my egpu in I usually will get a bsod. I have gotten multiple errors on my BSOD. most commonly apple spi device as the cause.

Errors:
System_Thread_Exception _Not_Handled
Applespidevice.sys 

Stopcode: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
nickhmm6
(@nickhmm6)

I have a 2017 nonTB macbook pro 13"
Razer core x
GTX1070TI'

Am having a lot of issues as well. This is not a straighfoward setup it seems. Am consiering getting a windows lightweight laptop to go with this setup.

Upgrading to Mojave seems to have compounded the issues rather than fix them.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
cantoo575
(@cantoo575)

Update: had some even more problemsome issues where I rolled back drivers tried different ones, and got this weird thing where windows logo was flickering in the background, and it happened when booting into macos also. This was a driver issue, or thats what resolved the issue. I uninstalled drivers and went with the newest driver. I since have found that if I hotplug it at the right exact time, my gpu works. As soon as I hit enter of refind, I plug my gpu in. If you do not do it before the dots signifying windows is loading it doesn’t seem to work right and might crash the OS. I plan on posting 3d mark, and possibly a guide. I still need to make sure I can use my method consitently. I’m curious why i need to hotplug with the script running.

ReplyQuote
cantoo575
(@cantoo575)

Posted by: nickhmm6

I have a 2017 nonTB macbook pro 13"
Razer core x
GTX1070TI'

Am having a lot of issues as well. This is not a straighfoward setup it seems. Am consiering getting a windows lightweight laptop to go with this setup.

Upgrading to Mojave seems to have compounded the issues rather than fix them.

Try using the hotplugging method I used. I saw another guy on forums with 2017 13” and he must hotplug too. Maybe a solution to problems with this model

ReplyQuote