High performance losing by using Razer Core X with GTX 1660 super

Notifications
Clear all

High performance losing by using Razer Core X with GTX 1660 super  

RSS

David Krispin
(@david_krispin)

Hello, I have a problem with my Razer Core X. In general the function is correct. I plug in the Razer Core X with my Laptop (ThinkPad Lenovo T490, i5-8365U 1.60 Ghz, 16Gb RAM) and installed the driver and let's go. In the Razer Core X are a Gainward GTX 1660 Super Ghost GPU.

I started games like Call of Duty Warzone and the performance was not good. When I use the GPU (GTX 1660) in my other normal personal Computer, I can play Warzone with 100 FPS, while the system has also 16GB Ram and an older i5 Processor. But with the combination with the eGPU I became a performance with the game Warzone only with 30-40 FPS. I know, that the performance from the GTX 1660 is not the same with the eGPU combination because of the limited bandwidth, but is it normal, that I lost so much of the performance? I have of course the thunderbolt 3 connector. After this i updated my windows, bios and the thunderbolt driver, but this was not the solution. Then I connected the Razer Core X with my GTX 1060 and I have the same Problem with the high performance losing. Maybe the Razer Core X is not compatible with Nvidea GPUs ore my used Laptop? I don't know maybe anyone can help me?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Fredman
(@fredman)

@david_krispin, are you using internal laptop screen or external monitor?

MacBook Pro 2014 15” 750M + Sonnet breakaway box 550 + Nvidia GTX 780 Ti

2014 15" MacBook Pro (GT750M) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 780 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
David Krispin
(@david_krispin)

@fredman, I used an external monitor. In some technical letter i read, that the bandwidth are better, if I used an external monitor. They said something about ‚‘‘one direction in the thunderbolt connection are better‘‘. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)

@david_krispin, Warzone does not play well with EGPUs. I've got a beefy egpu setup and I get low FPS in areas of the map. I'm able to run cyberpunk on ultra with 60fps but get low 40s in WZ... I'd recommend testing out other games to see if there is really a performance issue or it's just modern warfare that has the issue. 

2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote