Setup & Software Discussions
How to setup 2017 15" MacBook Pro w/ Razer Core V2 + GTX 1080 FE? (I am stuck)

How to setup 2017 15" MacBook Pro w/ Razer Core V2 + GTX 1080 FE? (I am stuck)  

RSS

D3monw3st
(@d3monw3st)
Eminent Member

Hello,

My brother has a 15" MacBook Pro 2017 with a Razer Core v2 and an Nvidia GTX 1080 FE. When I ran it on my 2019 Macbook Pro 15" on Build 1903 it worked flawlessly, but when I installed it on his computer nothing worked. So many issues from blue screens to black screens - nothing worked. How can I get the set up to work on his laptop? 

Thank you!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Windows 10 1903 may have an issue with 2017 MacBook Pro. I had a non-resolved boot-loop when I ran Win10 1903 on my 2017 13" MBP. Try 1809 version to see if it works better. This Boot Camp setup guide should definitely work for it.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
D3monw3st
(@d3monw3st)
Eminent Member

@itsage

Oh okay, with the 1809 though would I have to do a bunch of extra stuff in the guide or plug it in and Windows will auto install like how my 2019 MacBook was?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote