HP Elitebook 830 G5 + XG Station Pro + Vega 56 - how to install?

[Solved] HP Elitebook 830 G5 + XG Station Pro + Vega 56 - how to install?  

RSS

Whitesnake
(@whitesnake)

I'm a Mac user, who tried to plug the combination XG Station Pro + Vega 56 to a HP Elitebook 830 G5. How is the best way to install this eGPU? The purpose why I'm doing this: I want to switch of the red light from the Vega 56 and there is no tool for MacOS.

Should I first deinstall anything? And which things do I need to install? Last time I tried it, I crashed windows 😉

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@whitesnake Are you talking about the RGB lights in the XG Station Pro or the RGB lights in the RX Vega 56 graphics card? On a Windows machine with Thunderbolt 3 it should be plug-and-play. You’d need the RGB software utility for the corresponding component to turn them off. 

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
Whitesnake
(@whitesnake)

Works like a charm. Thank you. In addition I installed the Vega 56 software from AMD (first AMD-software, second RGB software utility).

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote