HP Elitebook 830 G5 + XG Station Pro + Vega 56 - how to install?

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] HP Elitebook 830 G5 + XG Station Pro + Vega 56 - how to install?  

RSS

Whitesnake
(@whitesnake)

I'm a Mac user, who tried to plug the combination XG Station Pro + Vega 56 to a HP Elitebook 830 G5. How is the best way to install this eGPU? The purpose why I'm doing this: I want to switch of the red light from the Vega 56 and there is no tool for MacOS.

Should I first deinstall anything? And which things do I need to install? Last time I tried it, I crashed windows 😉

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@whitesnake Are you talking about the RGB lights in the XG Station Pro or the RGB lights in the RX Vega 56 graphics card? On a Windows machine with Thunderbolt 3 it should be plug-and-play. You'd need the RGB software utility for the corresponding component to turn them off. 

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Whitesnake
(@whitesnake)

Works like a charm. Thank you. In addition I installed the Vega 56 software from AMD (first AMD-software, second RGB software utility).

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote