Hp Omen i7 9750H RTX 2070maxQ + eGPU Palit RTX 3080 TB3 + external 4K TV -> low ...

Notifications
Clear all

Hp Omen i7 9750H RTX 2070maxQ + eGPU Palit RTX 3080 TB3 + external 4K TV -> low game FPS  

RSS

Karl Abitona
(@karl_abitona)

@w7_basel

Hi can you help me with my setup?

I have a Hp Omen i7 9750H with dGPU RTX 2070maxQ and eGPU Palit RTX 3080 OC GamingPro. I use an external 4K TV, but for some reasons fps is still low in games. 

4K ultra settings Metro Exodus is around 35-40fps

4K Ultra settings Horizon Dawn is 30-40fps

4K Max settings Monster Hunter World 40-57fps

What can I do to increase the fps? Is it bottlenecked? I disabled my dGPU when connected to the external 4K TV if that helps.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
W7 Basel
(@w7_basel)
Eminent Member

@karl_abitona,

ehm I think the fps (2080 ti on desktop) are as it is possible with an egpu;

Have you created a benchmark?

2019 13" Dell XPS 13 9380 [8th,4C,U] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 1909 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Karl Abitona
(@karl_abitona)

@w7_basel

these are my benchmarks

Time Spy:

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/14292557

Time Spy Extreme:

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/14292694

Heaven Unigine Benchmark:

1440P 8x AA UltraQuality Extreme Tesellation

is my egpu setup working as should be?

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
W7 Basel
(@w7_basel)
Eminent Member

@karl_abitona

So your 3dMark results are not great, but the Palit does not have such a large cooler. and not as aggressively running fans? as the gigabytes where I had. The Zotac without OC that I'm playing around seems to be similar to the Palit so the values ​​are OK.

Unigine Heaven is more drastically different; but can't interpret that.

But what is definitely a minus point is your CPU performance you should definitely play around with trottelstop you have a desktop CPU and reach a point similar to me with 1/5 power consumption! maybe this will improve your FPS;

until I finish tomb raider I can't judge the other games you posted; download Forza DEMO because I have benchmarks! see page 1  of my build  ..

2019 13" Dell XPS 13 9380 [8th,4C,U] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 1909 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Karl Abitona
(@karl_abitona)

@w7_basel

hi basel! for the eGPU I have it undervolted to .8500mv and target 1950mhz if that makes any difference that is. When its 99-100% its mostly hovering at 1935-1950mhz with 63degree celcius.

For the CPU, I also undervolted it with throttlestop as it becomes hot during gaming. These are the settings for my throttlestop:

Here are also the benchmarks for Forza 4

settings are Custom (Extreme) all options are at maximum values.

1080p

1440p

if you can help me and maybe suggest settings on my throttlestop or for the egpu it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ReplyQuote