Is there an eGPU out there which supports 100w PD + USB Type C 3.1 (gen2) ?

Notifications
Clear all

Is there an eGPU out there which supports 100w PD + USB Type C 3.1 (gen2) ?  

RSS

BluRayZzz
(@blurayzzz)

I've got the Dell XPS 15 7590 (2019) which has one Thunderbolt 3 connection.

Is there a way to juice up my Laptop using only the TB3 cable? The XPS 15 charger can charge the laptop with 130w.

But i think 100w are enough because the internal GPU and the Laptop-Display would not be used when connected to an eGPU.

But to live the "only one cable" dream i need a USB hub or at least one USB 3.1 (Gen2) connection to use alle my peripherals.

And that's the question, is there any eGPU out there?

Best regards,
Patrick

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@blurayzzz, Look at our eGPU Buyer's Guide. There are a handful of eGPU enclosures that provide 100W PD. My recommendation is the Mantiz Saturn Pro. Besides 100W PD, it has many useful expansion I/O for a one cable eGPU docking solution.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote
BluRayZzz
(@blurayzzz)

@, Thank you for your response. That eGPU looks quite nice, but it does'nt support the 10gig USB 3.1 (gen2) data transferspeed, so it is not what i am looking for.

Best regards,

Patrtick

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote