Setup & Software Discussions
Issue with dual monitors, MacBook Pro 2018 + Vega 56 PowerColor Gaming Station

Issue with dual monitors, MacBook Pro 2018 + Vega 56 PowerColor Gaming Station  

RSS

(@louis_zhou)

I just spent a couple of hours installing my Rx Vega 56 on my MacBook Pro in bootcamp. I installed Windows 10 on an external SSD, which is connected to the SATA port inside my enclosure. Everything is connected to my computer via one single TB3 cable. After I installed the AMD driver from bootcampdriver, I had this weird issue that basically, if I have my eGPU connected in the enclosure, Windows will be displayed on my external monitor and the internal monitor on my monitor blacks out; and if I have my eGPU disconnected from the PCIe in my enclosure, the internal display lights up and the external one blacks out. I wonder if anyone knows how to fix this?
I previously had a RX570 and had no issue displaying on both monitors. I did not use the BootCampDriver, however, I used the official AMD driver.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Having the eGPU connected at boot would result in deactivation of the internal GPU. What you described seems like normal behavior with eGPU in Boot Camp.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote