Laptop Screen (XPS 13 9300) goes black sometimes after hot unplugging from Core ...

Notifications
Clear all

Laptop Screen (XPS 13 9300) goes black sometimes after hot unplugging from Core X Chroma  

RSS

LBelsnes
(@lbelsnes)

I've just got my new eGPU setup going and it seems to be fairly issue free so far. I had issues hot plugging but I found out that uninstalling Razer's buggy Synapse software would do the trick. I also had an issue with insistent BitLocker Recovery on boot which I haven't managed to fix yet.

The biggest problem is if I unplug the eGPU my laptop screen goes black, but still with the cursor on top which still responds to the trackpad and touchscreen. The only way out of it is by holding the power button down. (Obviously not an idea solution)

Strangely this doesn't happen every single time. Probably about 50% of the time and it doesn't seem to matter whether I have programs open or not. I've tried reinstalling the NVidia drivers (with DDU) and its not made a difference.

Specs:

Dell XPS 13 9300

i7-1065G7

16GB RAM

eGPU: Razer Core X Chroma w/ GTX 1080

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote