Setup & Software Discussions
Macbook 11,5 on iGPU, brightness stuck on max on Windows 10?

[Solved] Macbook 11,5 on iGPU, brightness stuck on max on Windows 10?  

RSS

(@ron_johnson)

I have a Macbook 2015 15" with the M370X which I am preparing to connect to my eGPU setup quite soon.

I used refind's spoof_os_version to expose the iGPU to Windows 10. Although everything works fine and I can see the iGPU working in the Task Manager, I am unable to decrease the brightness of the internal display. It remains stuck on max brightness.

When the iGPU is not visible and the dGPU is active, brightness controls work as expected on the internal display.

Is there any kernel extension or other configuration I need to run in order to make the brightness adjustment available again?

Macbook 2015 15", R9 M370X

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

This is a normal/expected behavior when the iGPU is activated on the 15″ MBP. I’m not aware of any workarounds.

This post was modified 2 months ago

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
chinsteig
(@chinsteig)
Trusted Member

Not sure if this will work for you, but try looking for the internal display in device manager and uninstalling windows basic display driver or something like that so it becomes a generic pnp montior. That solved it for me years ago on a 2012 MBP.

Mid 2017 15" MacBook Pro > ASUS XG Station Pro > RX 5700 XT > 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide

ReplyQuote