Setup & Software Discussions
MacBook Pro 2017 No-Touchbar - i5 2,3 Ghz - 8GB - 256GB SSD

MacBook Pro 2017 No-Touchbar - i5 2,3 Ghz - 8GB - 256GB SSD  

RSS

yfain
(@yfain)

Hello,

I am very confused. I don't get the eGPU working on my Macbook Pro 13" from 2017.

I installed the 1903 Windows Version with Bootcamp. I do not have modified anything in Bootloader or something like that. All tutorials are for another Macbook Pro and I am not sure how to the right way. I hope you can help me.

I got the error Code 12 when I plug in my AMD 580X with Razer Core X.

This topic was modified 1 week ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

OH HAI @yfain 
Interesting you managed to get 1903 working, I had no luck with that build (although that was an early release).
I had nightmares with error 12, and you'll need some sort of work around, both the EFI boot loader and rEFInd work for me, maybe try them in that order?
Let me know how 1903 works out too.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
yfain
(@yfain)

It is now working without any changes. Booting over EFI boot loader was working. That do the trick.

Windows 1903 is working fine. 

This post was modified 1 week ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@yfain What’s the OS Build number of your Windows 10 1903? Similar to @Eightarmedpet, I encountered boot loop in Windows 10 1903 when I installed Radeon drivers for AMD eGPU on my 2017 13″ Touchbar MacBook Pro.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
yfain
(@yfain)

@itsage

Hello,

my Windows Build is 18362.329

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@yfain Thank you for sharing that information. Your 2017 13″ MacBook Pro non-Touchbar may be one of the very few that doesn’t suffer from error 12 running this OS Build 18362.329. Besides using automate-eGPU EFI boot loader, did you disable any PCIe Port in Device Manager?

This post was modified 5 days ago

ReplyQuote
yfain
(@yfain)

@itsage I do not disable anything in the device manager. I also had problems with error code 12 with the Windows version in the start post.

Why is this so?

Are there any thing I have to keep my head up when I update to macOS Catalina?

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@yfain Good to know automate-eGPU EFI boot loader was able to resolve error 12 on your RX 580 eGPU. The macOS system update shouldn’t change eGPU functionality in Boot Camp unless there’s a significant change in the Mac firmware.

ReplyQuote
yfain
(@yfain)

Ok, thanks @itsage 
I will update to macOS Catalina and I hope everything will work fine again.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote