Setup & Software Discussions
Mantiz egpu stopped working!

Mantiz egpu stopped working!  

RSS

monken
(@monken)

Hey guys

I have a Mantiz Venus egpu with a 1080 Ti installed on a Macbook Pro 15" (2018) and it have been working great in Windows 10. Now I got an Oculus Rift and installed new drivers. It worked perfectly until I tried to boot into windows again. Only shows me black screen with monitor ON. Tried to update everything and also unplug the Oculus. No difference.

Any ideas?

Thanx guys!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

If you have the eGPU connected prior to booting, the 2018 15″ MacBook Pro‘s dGPU and internal display will stop working once drivers for eGPU loads. Wait for Windows to fully loads then hot-plug your GTX 1080 Ti eGPU. This issue is not enclosure related.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
(@ruby_redkinetix)

hi there, I have imac 4k 21.5 in late 2017 model with radeon pro 555. it doesn't run on windows 10 under bootcamp,  the screen just go to totally black after windows logo appear on my main screen (imac). i need help for this, please

My Mac: iMac Retina 4k 21.5 inch, 2017, Intel core i5, Radeon pro 555 2 gb , Mantiz eGPU with Radeon Vega 56 8 GB my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@ruby_redkinetix Same as the Mac laptops, when there’s an eGPU at boot the Mac firmware disables the other GPU/s. In your iMac it’s the Radeon Pro 555 dGPU. Without a functional dGPU the internal display would go black. When I tried the 2017 iMac a couple years ago, it was not possible activate the Intel iGPU. Therefore your only option is to hot-plug the eGPU at the Windows boot screen [logo and spinning dots]. Otherwise you can try this workaround on the 2018 15″ MacBook Pro. Let us know whether it works for your 2017 iMac.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote