RSS

cpforyou
(@cpforyou)

Hello Everyone,

SETUP AT HOME

SETUP AT PRIMARY WORK OFFICE

SETUP AT BRANCH OFFICE

ISSUE 1

Every so often, the eGPU disconnects and reconnects. This happens on BOTH Mantiz MZ-03 Saturn Pro (at home and at office. It does not do this with the Dell Thunderbolt Dock.

This can be problematic during a Zoom call if I'm sharing a screen, and it disconnects on me.

I also do livestreaming every so often, and if the eGPU disconnects during a livestream, that also disrupts my work

I'm currently getting by 

ISSUE 2

When using the webcam in 720p or 1080p, it shows glitchy output. It does this in Zoom (with HD option enabled). It does this with applications that utilize the webcam. If I use 720p or greater, it does this.  It does this on BOTH Mantiz MZ-03 Saturn Pro, I borrowed another webcam (Logitech) and it also does it.

It DOES NOT DO THIS in 360p mode. 

It DOES NOT DO THIS on the Dell Thunderbolt dock.

It DOES NOT DO THIS when the laptop is undocked AND the webcam is plugged directly into the laptop.

It DOES IT with the laptop docked to the Mantiz MZ-03 Saturn Pro and the webcam plugged directly into the Mantiz MZ-03 Saturn Pro.

• AND the application is on the external monitor.

It DOES IT with the laptop docked to the Mantiz MZ-03 Saturn Pro and the webcam plugged directly into the Mantiz MZ-03 Saturn Pro.

• AND the application is on the external monitor.

The issue does not present itself if the application (whether Zoom, the camera app, etc) is on the laptop monitor. However, I want to be working off my QHD and 4K monitors.

I tried this with my Dell Precision 3551 AND my co-worker's Dell Precision 3551 and the problem exists on both units.

The Dell Precision 3551 has NVIDIA Quadro P620 dGPU.

I purchase AMD-based graphics card as I have read that sometimes it is better to have different manufacturers for dGPU and eGPU. I also occasionally use a MacBook Pro, which limits me to AMD-based graphics.

---------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Pls complete the build template to have your build added to the builds area anad give full context to your query.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote