Setup & Software Discussions
MBP15 i9 2018 eGPU ASUS XG Station PRO + Vega 56 AMD - Bootcamp Error 12

[Solved] MBP15 i9 2018 eGPU ASUS XG Station PRO + Vega 56 AMD - Bootcamp Error 12  

RSS

matoune008
(@matoune008)

Hello everyone!

I was very excited about eGPU for gaming on bootcamp with my new MBP and also work with it on Mac OS. I have the Asus XG Station Pro EGPU, that is really really nice and high-end with the AMD Radeon Vega 56 (Sapphire).

Config :
- Macbook Pro 15" 2018 i9 32G - 500 GO SSD - AMD Radeon 560x
- MacOs Mojave + BootCamp Windows 10
- eGPU XG Station Pro with AMD Vega 56
- External monitor : LG 27" 4k display (UK850-w)

On MacOs Mojave, latest build (10.14.2) it is Plug&Play. But it is more complicated on the Windows 10 Bootcamp.. with black screen at first and finally reboot and reinstall everything again. I have been on it yesterday and all the day reading all the post for the installation and now the last thing that cause me issue is the code "error 12" on the graphic card AMD. I have followed the multiples installations guid with :

- Installation Bootcamp Windows 10
- Updated Windows with all the new updates
- Followed the Bootcampdrivers for AMD procedure and finally detected the Radeon Vega in the device manager but displaying the error 12.

My eGPU is connected but the error 12 is displayed and my external monitor is not working (connected through DisplayPort to the eGPU). 

Someone has a solution or a new procedure ? 🙂

Many thanks for your help!

This topic was modified 6 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

With Windows 10 Build 1803 and your MacBookPro Model Error 12 should not be an issue.

I had the same build as yours, you can look it up here:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2018-15-macbook-pro-rp560x-vega5632gbps-tb3-asus-xg-station-pro-macos10-13-6-win10-oliverb/

A General guide about Bootcamp on 15-inch 2018-macbooks you can find here:
https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/step-by-step-guides-to-install-nvidia-and-amd-egpu-cards-on-bootcamp-15-inch-macbook-2018/

It is directly next to your thread, so not to hard to find 🙂

This post was modified 6 months ago

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
matoune008
(@matoune008)

Many thanks Oliver! In fact, I just restarted again a third time in Bootcamp and it was working like a charm ! Everything in full settings in 4k, very fluid in Battlefield 5, 1, Overwatch, Fortnite and Cod4 amazing! 🙂

By precaution, I have disabled the updates automated updates of MacOs Mojave & Windows 10.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote