Setup & Software Discussions
Need HELP! Aktion Node egpu with GTX1080ti not connecting anymore to MacBook Pro...

Need HELP! Aktion Node egpu with GTX1080ti not connecting anymore to MacBook Pro Bootcamp windows  

RSS

ghost128
(@ghost128)

Hey Guys, I've recently ran into a connection problem I'm not able to solve on my own anymore.
My egpu is an akitio node enclosure with a GTX 1080Ti connected to a 13" 2018 MacBook Pro with Touchbar. The egpu had worked pretty well with some trying on hotpluging while booting.
Unfortunately I had to disconnect the MacBook some days ago. After that the external GPU won't connect to Bootcamp windows 10 anymore. When plugging the EGPU to the running system you can hear the Windows connection sound and one second later you can hear the disconnect sound.
No GTX 1080 nor the akitio enclosure is visible under the device manager. Changing the thunderbolt port didn't help. I've tryied everything what made it work again in the past. So I deleted Windows and reinstalled the 1903 october build from scratch. But nothing had changed. I really don't know what to do anymore.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Is the power supply inside your AKiTiO Node stock? What’s the exact model of the GTX 1080Ti? I recall some variants of the GTX 1080 Ti are too much for the Node PSU to handle.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
ghost128
(@ghost128)

@itsage

yes powersupply is still stock so far. I have an Asus GTX1080Ti.
Can it also be related that it won't connect because I had uninstalled the Gtx before in device manager which was still showing under "hidden devices"??... I had tried that because it was just not possible to get it running with the common hotpluging Triest while windows was booting..

I recently also tried connecting the node with a brand new thunderbolt 3 cable.. but that also had no success

It's just really strange because the egpu combination had worked pretty well since some days ago :-/

This post was modified 3 days ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote