Notifications
Clear all

Need help to make the bundle work - Blackmagic eGPU + Gigabyte GA-X170-WS ECC  

RSS

(@junonexus)

I have:

1. Blackmagic eGPU

2. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X170-WS ECC with Thunderbolt 3 port

3. Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS build 19044)

4. Latest Thunderbolt control center

5. Latest AMD drivers for Enterprise

Thunderbolt control center sees eGPU RX 580. AMD drivers are installed with an error. The device manager displays RX 580 with "error 12".

How to make everything work?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@junonexus, Look into the Thunderbolt settings in BIOS. Increasing the Memory Allocation per port (MB) may help Windows resolve error 12 with the eGPU.

LinkedIn | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 Gigabyte Z590i Vision D [11th,6C] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Pls check some BIOS settings that may match https://egpu.io/forums/builds/egpu-history-breaking-the-25-gpu-clusters-record-365-gigahashes-per-second/#post-16491

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@junonexus)

My current bios settings

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@junonexus, PMemory is Prefetch Memory I believe. Change that to 512MB if it's an option. Also change Reserved Memory to a higher number if the Reserved PMemory change doesn't resolve error 12.

LinkedIn | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 Gigabyte Z590i Vision D [11th,6C] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@junonexus)

I tried it, didn't help.

ReplyQuote
(@junonexus)

I decided to sell this device (blackmagic egpu). I don't see any point. it's just a usb hub that doesn't work normally. thanks to intel apple and blackmagic for the most senseless invention in the history of mankind.

ReplyQuote