Setup & Software Discussions
Newbie MacBook Pro 2016 Razer Core V1 RX590 problem

[Solved] Newbie MacBook Pro 2016 Razer Core V1 RX590 problem  

RSS

(@amor_mai)

Hello group,
I'm a complete newbie. I have a Razer core V1 and rx590 installed on MacBook and it doesn't work. Macos can't detect graphics cards. After reading the @mac_editor's article, I found that Ti82 chip can be repaired with patches. What are the specific steps for repairing it?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Everything you need is on the github but it can be hard to digest if you’re new. 
Currently on mobile so typing is a bit of a pain but...
disable secure boot (if your model has it - I forget)
disable SIP (if you don’t know how Google will help)
download and instal purge wrangler (use command line code on git hub and copy and paste it into terminal). 
Purge wranglers menu will guide you from there, ti82 I clock is under other options. 
Profit.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
(@amor_mai)

@eightarmedpet

I gave up core V1 and bought mantiz. He works very well under Mac OS system but can't detect graphics card under bootcamp. I used DDU and ADM driver system Windows 1903 but can't detect graphics card. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

I'm on desktop now so can reply a bit better... FWIW I went from Core V1 to Mantiz and am very happy with my change and have found it works better - the older ti82 chip causing issues with detection during boot process.

The fact you gave up on the core is a bit of a worry though, setting up an eGPU isn't the hardest task in the world and with Mac_editors purge wrangler script it is automated so long as you follow a couple of very simple prerequisites, this doesn't bode well for getting bootcamp working, which is can be trickier.

So to start with, what year and size is your MacBook Pro, because those two details determin which work around you need to use (if any).
Also, when are you plugging in the egpu?

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote