NUC10i7FNH: Issue with Thunderbolt3 + eGPU
I have the latest versions of all drivers, software and I've tried multiple different Windows builds, including fast track, slow track and retail releases. I'm currently on Windows fast track build 2004.
The NUC works just fine with no issues if I just use the built in video card connected via HDMI.
The eGPU and video card have worked without issue for the past year connected to my Razer Blade Stealth.
When paired with the NUC10i7FNH the eGPU exhibits various issues, however I do not see the dreaded error 12.
- Once connected it will work for a random amount of time before it acts like its unplugged/plugged back in. It will do this constantly, sometimes it will come back and sometimes it wont.
- The fans will spin up like its being plugged in for the first time.
- I've tried different TB3 cables in case it was damaged but same issue
- Playing a game will cause a hard crash after about 10-15 minutes and i have to unplug it and restart
- The temp of the gpu doesn't get above 65ish C
I've disabled link power settings in windows, added in TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay in registry in case that was the issue, set the card to run at maximum performance in nvidia settings.
I've scoured through Event Viewer for errors. I don't see errors each time it disconnects but sometimes I will see the below errors:
- The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_20818086&REV_06
- Which after some googling and verifying in devicemanager, thats the thunderbolt 3 controller
- Another one is relating to this: Driver nvlddmkm Ddi Add Device_Add Device Failure
- These happened the most recent crash when I was able to unplug and recover in windows
- Miniport driver failed to add device with status 3221225626
- Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered
I reached out to Intel on their boards as well with little luck. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004d3zQ5SAI/nuc10i7fnh-issue-with-thunderbolt3-egpu?language=en_US
Same issue there,
I experienced both crash too, (I saw your thread on intel board and was not able to create an intel account ):
\Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device with complete crash (can't see blue screen because i don't have a display plugged on the igpu; only two monitors on the egpu)
nvlddmkm problem with system continue fonctionning and display restored when unpplugged and repluged tb3 to egpu enclodure(happen just once time).
This happen mostly when i play, but also when working (IT engineer, home office, with remote desktop and a VoIP chrome extension)
I've got this also in event viewer when it crashed while i was working:
Nom de l’application défaillante mstsc.exe, version : 10.0.18362.752, horodatage : 0x64062c86
Nom du module défaillant : nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version : 220.127.116.1187, horodatage : 0x5e879b9e
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000001d0021
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1a54
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d63329b3922f30
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\system32\mstsc.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
ID de rapport : 45260fdc-636c-4912-8bfc-26b02284cb9c
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :
It's a fresh 1909 install, latest intel ang nvidia drivers
I tried disbling iris igpu with no effect
Today i tried rename the wudfr.sys fil in c:\windows\system32\drivers as explained in this thread of a mac/bootcamp user who experienced crashes:
No crash still, but sometimes i can play (rocket league most) hours without a crash.
I will tell you if bugs continue.
Zotac Amp Box Mini/Gigabyte 750 Ti (GV-N75TOC-2GL)