NUC8i7HVK + Razer core X w/ RTX3080

Notifications
Clear all

NUC8i7HVK + Razer core X w/ RTX3080  

RSS

calmeer
(@calmeer)

Hello guys,

I'm currently using NUC8i7HVK (Hades Canyon) and I wanna use my newly bought Razer core X enclosure w/ RTX 3080

I scanned through intel datasheets and topics in egpu.io, found that i7-8809G is somewhat different from other kabylake CPUs

Intel datasheet says i7-8809G is capable of PCIe x16 lanes but for integrated GPU (RX vega), x8 lanes are already occupied.

So remaining PCIe x8 lanes are usable for i7-8809G and TB3 controller (x4 lanes) is linked to PCH.

PCH as u guys know is linked w/ other M.2 SSD connectors (2 slots) and I'm using all those M.2 slots for SSDs.

My question is if I put eGPU to TB3 slot, is there any bottleneck affected by SSD, wifi chips linked to PCH in terms of bandwidth??

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
benwade100
(@benwade100)

@calmeer, This is my exact setup I want to try.  I have the hades canyon, and the Razer core X and am looking to buy a evga rtx 3080. I was afraid it might be too much for the hades resources, or razer power supply, but maybe it doesn't matter? Any ideas? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote