omen accelerator on late 2016 13'' Macbook pro w/ touchbar, with GTX 1060 on Windows 10  

RSS

(@davy_chen)
February 13, 2018 6:50 pm  

Hi everyone,
I just received my enclosure and graphics card.  I have tried to connect the accelerator to MacBook without graphic card and install Realtek LAN driver, the OMEN Accelerator app, and the OMEN GA1-10 Accelerator firmware update. All of these successed. Then I installed the graphic cards in and connected to MacBook again after the windows booted. Then Windows just crashed. The screen is in blue and white. And the speakers have some wield sound. Am I missing some steps?  Anyone can help will be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@davy_chen)
February 14, 2018 2:56 am  

i tried to connect the accelerator to macbook when Windows is booting up, and it worked. GTX 1060 is detected and i installed the latest driver. Now I can play PUBG on macbook:). 
However, there are many small problems after that. 
1.the speaker doesn't have any sound. I tried to disable the some nvidia audio drivers and it worked.
2.ethenet port on the accelerator is detected as CD-ROM in device manager.
3.if i connect the mouse and keyboard through accelerator, i will experience high latency when i am gaming.(not internet latancy, mouse/keyboard latency).
4. if macbook enters sleep mode, it cannot be awakened.
5.if i unplug the accelerator when Windows is running, macbook does not crash but cannot be shut down.
I know apple_set_os.efi will solve the problem that Windows cannot be booted when the accelerator is plugged in. I am wondering if this can help with hot unplug when OS is running.

ReplyQuote
4chip4
(@4chip4)
Estimable Member
February 14, 2018 12:42 pm  

As for 3., that seems to be an Intel chipset issue, so far the only surefire way to consistently work around latency is to use a dedicated hub for latency-sensitive input devices.

2017 HP Spectre x360 15 i7-8550U GTX150 + [email protected] (HP Omen Accelerator) + Oculus Rift + Win10 [no guide] HP Omen Accelerator Thunderbolt 3 enclosure legs stand removal walkthrough
Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions expressed on this forum are my own.

ReplyQuote
(@davy_chen)
February 17, 2018 5:53 am  

"intel chipset issue" do u mean the problem comes from macbook itself instead of from omen accelerator?
i found a driver from hp support website which is called Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver, sp80671.exe, and has the type called "Driver-Chipset". Do we need to install this driver to solve this problem?

ReplyQuote