Random freezing in Windows 10 Pro with Intel NUCi7BEH + Razer Core X + GTX 2060 ...

Notifications
Clear all

Random freezing in Windows 10 Pro with Intel NUCi7BEH + Razer Core X + GTX 2060 SUPER  

of  4
  RSS

Hayden Keep
(@hayden_keep)

So a couple weeks later - so far so good! No freezes!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
KwamiMatrix
(@kwamimatrix)

Just wanted to chime in here and say turning off LSPM seems to have worked for me too!  Initially I was getting totally random freezes that drove me nuts, but now, everything is stable.  Many thanks Alexander for this pointer.

My affected setup: 2019 Razer Blade Pro 17 + Razer Core V2 with Geforce RTX 2080 Founders Edition

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
ekatanata
(@ekatanata)

I am having the same issue with the Aorus Gaming Box 1070 and the 13-inch 2019 MacBook with two Thunderbolt ports. The system random freeze with a reboot and fan noise after 5-10 minutes of play. Disabling LSPM, changing versions of Windows and Nvidia drivers does not help, as well as putting the power settings of the OS and video card in maximum performance mode. I checked the video card on Intel NUC and there are no problems there. I suspect that the problem is either in the Thunder driver or in hardware incompatibility

This post was modified 4 months ago

ReplyQuote
Adrian Pounder
(@adrian_pounder)

I have a HP DragonFly G1 and the Razer Core X evga RTX 2060 and have experienced the same freezing as everyone else here. I also have a HP Elitebook 1030 G2 which doesn't have any issues and a Dell XPS 9630 which also doesn't have any freezing issues, only my main laptop the HP DragonFly. Here are the changes I made on the DragonFly Below. 

I was unable to change the power settings in windows as I didn't have the option.

Posted by: @alexander_bravikov

Power Options -> PCI Express -> Link State Power Management (LSPM) turned OFF

I was able to change this nvidia setting in the nvidia control panel.

Posted by: @munklarsen

NVIDIA*s control panel > 3D Setting > Global Setting > Power management setting and set this up to Maximum Performance

I set the following registry keys from the reddit post below. TdrDelay of 10 and TdrDdiDelay of 20

Posted by: @schmosef

Here's the reddit link

Will monitor the performance, hopefully this has resolve the issues. 

ReplyQuote
Guessua
(@guessua)

I have NUC10i7FNH & Windows 10 x64 v1909 & Razer Core X & Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super - got really mad of random freezes in idle states or simple browsing.
During gaming it works perfectly.
Did exactly the same as in previous post, I only had to manually create the registry keys because these were absent.
Now everything is OK, no freezes - not sure though what exactly helped, power settings or the registry keys.

I did not follow all advices from the reddit link - apart from the above two.
Posted by: @adrian_pounder

I was unable to change the power settings in windows as I didn't have the option.

NVIDIA*s control panel > 3D Setting > Global Setting > Power management setting and set this up to Maximum Performance

I set the following registry keys from the reddit post below. TdrDelay of 10 and TdrDdiDelay of 20

Here's the reddit link

I am so happy that googled this forum)

This post was modified 4 months ago

ReplyQuote
Stefan Lachev
(@stefan_lachev)

Posted by: @adrian_pounder

I have a HP DragonFly G1 and the Razer Core X evga RTX 2060 and have experienced the same freezing as everyone else here. I also have a HP Elitebook 1030 G2 which doesn't have any issues and a Dell XPS 9630 which also doesn't have any freezing issues, only my main laptop the HP DragonFly. Here are the changes I made on the DragonFly Below. 

Posted by: @alexander_bravikov

Posted by: @munklarsen

Posted by: @schmosef

Here's the reddit link

Will monitor the performance, hopefully this has resolve the issues. 

You can enable the option via registry - https://appuals.com/how-to-restore-missing-power-plan-options-on-windows-10/

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

Click on this key and try to locate an entry called CsEnabled at the right side of the window. If such option exists, right-click on it, and choose the Modify option from the context menu.

change from 1 to 0

God bless you @alexander_bravikov I have been trying to fix the freezes for months and had to connect the display to another USB-C hub losing 1/2 of the performance if not more.

turning off LSPM solved the issue.

ReplyQuote
Sang Hun Lee
(@sang_hun_lee)

@schmosef

Hello, I bought Razer core X chroma recently with Geforce GTX 1080 TI Waterforce (Gigabyte - Aorus)

I'm using Windows 10 x64 build 19041.329 (ver 2004) with TB3 NVM 26.0 (DCH driver).

I had same issue with as follows,

(1) Random Freezing with random BSOD 

When the freezing arises, sometimes just pull out TB3 cable then it may return to normal. However, when you connect again, my laptop just turn to a expensive brick with BSODs.  (Min 5 minutes, Max 3 Hours.)

The type of errors are varied. DVM_Violation, USB failure, etc...

(2) External USB devices are lockdown or bearly having bandwidth on their speed (I/O, Read, Write)

Through the forum/thread, this problem seems rarely occurred.

Especially, external SSD/HDD devices and USB wireless adapters, they are behaving like limited speed. When I tested the copy files or installing new game on Steam, the performance of SSD on task manager indicates that the speed is 10MB/s. (On External SSD, I know. You can laugh.)

(3) Ethernet Disconnection.

Random ethernet device disconnects while I test the eGFX.

- Tried solution.

(1) Driver update for ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible root hub.

Not working. This brings a new error with warning marks on device manager.

(2) Turn off "Selective power saving on USB devices" for both root hub on device manager and Power configuration on control panel

Not working.

(3) Reinstalling driver via deleting warned USB hub list on Device manager 

Not working.

(4) Using DDU for clean install

Not working.

(5) Erasing Razer Synapse 3.0 after setting Chroma effects.

Worked. All errors are gone after erasing "Razer Synapse 3.0" and rebooting. Synapse 2.0 is not supporting chroma.

(5) Setting "Max Performance" for both Power configuration & Nvidia control panel.

Worked. Stuttering has stopped.

(* to add Max performance profile in [Power configuration], type below commands in Powershell (admin))

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 

This post was modified 2 months ago

ReplyQuote
bradmcculloch
(@bradmcculloch)

I did some googling and came across a few Reddit threads with other people having a very similar experience to mine.  I think this is not an isolated case.

Interestingly one of these threads identified a possible fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eGPU/comments/e11vg7/egpu_freezing_up_every_30_minutes/&source=gmail&ust=1592450113406000&usg=AFQjCNG1fC3tWKT7Er7rD8EjHNUsHmDK4 A"> https://www.reddit.com/r/eGPU/comments/e11vg7/egpu_freezing_up_every_30_minutes/

I've had the same problem with my Lenovo Yoga that is hooked up to a Razer Core with an RTX 2070 Super. I fixed the problem by changing the Power Management Mode by going into the NVIDIA settings under Manage 3D Settings then the global tab - Change it to prefer maximum performance"

I’ve made this Power Management change and have been running for a week without a single freeze.  Which ties in with another observation that I had made:  The machine would only freeze in time of low GPU utilisation.

ReplyQuote
a6ela
(@a6ela)

Hello all,

Thanks for the great help here, your posts fixed my problem with BSOD 😀 

My problem: When opening Outlook (office365) would give me BSOD! (stop code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION)

The following link will help others (like myself) who have a laptop/tablet, which has manufacture built-in power management options. Which does not allow you to enable "advance or ultimate performance" power options. These options are NEEDED for you to fix the "Link State Power Management (LSPM) =  OFF"

Please referrer to the registry key section on the page that talks about: CsEnabled (this needs to be set to "0")

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000211304-How-to-enable-the-High-performance-power-plan-Windows-

Note: make sure your eGPU is connected for the "NVIDIA control panel" to work, else this will not open. Then set the 3D settings power option to "Maximum Performance".

Computer: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen4.5 (10th Gen i7 Intel, 16GB RAM, 1TB, Win10pro)

eGPU: Razer core X Chroma

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 super

ReplyQuote
ZAQ1_password_expert
(@zaq1_password_expert)

I am so comforted to know that I am not alone. I thought this may be my new BENQ monitors.

I _just_ began using an external monitor and have been noticing this freezing. I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with the TB3 cable going to a Razer Chroma Core X which contains an NVidia RTX 2070 Super (founders).

I disabled the built in Intel chipset but that did not fix the issue.

This issue appears to be triggered by hardware acceleration.

I can 100% reproduce this freeze by enabling hardware acceleration in Discord and viewing a channel that has an embedded movie.

Please help!

This eGPU does indeed dramatically improve my graphics without an external display but the FPS (when working) on an external display is twice as good.

Thanks,

[email protected] is not my password.

This post was modified 1 week ago

Dell XPS 7590 / Razer Core X Chroma with NVidia RTX 2070 Super (Founders)

ReplyQuote
 of  4