Razer 2020 17" Notebook + Core X Chroma with 2080ti Code 43 Errors

Notifications
Clear all

Razer 2020 17" Notebook + Core X Chroma with 2080ti Code 43 Errors  

RSS

Mike Rowe
(@mike_rowe)

Hi all,

Recently converted from desktop to latop (perhaps too eagerly!) looking to leverage the power of egpu enclosures. 

Setup is egpu encolosure with desktop 2080ti driving two external monitors (4k)

Laptop has a Super 2080 dgpu + chipset igpu

Going in on setting this up, 2080 on the latop works fine however when I plug in the egpu and the 2080ti is detected any driver installs (either from nvidia or windows update) corrupt the notebook driver install with error code 43. Once done, I need to reinstall drivers on the latop to return the 2080 to working order. Its like the nvidia drivers are mutually exclusive in terms of notebook vs desktop. 

My work around is non gpu intensive items on the laptop and the grunty stuff on the external monitors. 

Tried a lot of the google solves but without much luck (I either end up with one gfx card working or the other). 

Welcome any thoughts on solves or even if in similar situations. 

Cheers

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@mike_rowe, This is a rather common error when both dGPU and eGPU are from same brand. I'd recommend using DDU to remove Nvidia graphics drivers first. Then manually install the latest drivers so that one set can work for both dGPU and eGPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mike Rowe
(@mike_rowe)

@itsage, cheers for the advice. 

Gave this another shot with the new nvidia drivers out recently and still the same challenge. Just seems mutually exclusive!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote