Setup & Software Discussions
Razer Blade Pro 2017 - Razer Core V2 + NVIDIA FE RTX 2080 TI.

Razer Blade Pro 2017 - Razer Core V2 + NVIDIA FE RTX 2080 TI.  

RSS

BadAss_Bender
(@badass_bender)

Hi guys!!

I have razer blade pro 2017 fhd (GTX 1060) + Razer Core V2 + Nvidia FE RTX 2080 TI.

I have a lot of issues related with gaming, the games get freeze after short time playing. I am trying to play crysis 3 with high setting on a G-Sync monitor. The problem is that after playing for a minute the game just crash and the computer freezes. I got once an error "dxgi device removed". I check origin forums and I did the apparently fixes for the problem but it didn't work. I also disable V-Sync as Nvidia told me but it still doesn't work. 

Do any of you guys have this issue with their system? 

The only that I think, I might need to try is to update the thunderbolt drivers. I don't know it might help. 

I also got a weird issue related with my laptop when connected to the egpu. If I connected an usb keyboard directly to the usb port on the laptop, the keyboard disconnect and connect itselft many many times. The only way that I found to fix that issue is to connect mouse and keyboard directly to the razer core v2. In that way I don't have that issue. 

I am in desesperate position because I really want to this to work. I don't want to get desktop pc just to be able to enjoy the computer power of the RTX 2080 TI. This system is like my toy on the weekends and nights after the baby fall to sleep. 

If you guys have any idea of suggestion which doesnt involve buy a desktop I will try to perform them. I will go back to nvidia and told them that their recomendation didnt work (nvidia told me disable v-sync and put power managment to the maximum performance).

Thanks

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

When I first setup my MBP i9 + mantiz Venus + 2080ti, I was getting huge stutters in the games. I got pissed off, reinstalled Windows bootcamp from scratch, and I realised that the keyboard driver (Corsair k95 rgb) was responsable for the stuttering. Now its pretty smooth. Not sure this is your case but its worth the trial.

mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP555 + [email protected] (Mantiz Venus) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote
jerry Kansai
(@joi_kansai)
Estimable Member

Posted by: BadAss_Bender

Hi guys!!

I have razer blade pro 2017 fhd (GTX 1060) + Razer Core V2 + Nvidia FE RTX 2080 TI.

I have a lot of issues related with gaming, the games get freeze after short time playing. I am trying to play crysis 3 with high setting on a G-Sync monitor. The problem is that after playing for a minute the game just crash and the computer freezes. I got once an error "dxgi device removed". I check origin forums and I did the apparently fixes for the problem but it didn't work. I also disable V-Sync as Nvidia told me but it still doesn't work. 

Do any of you guys have this issue with their system? 

The only that I think, I might need to try is to update the thunderbolt drivers. I don't know it might help. 

I also got a weird issue related with my laptop when connected to the egpu. If I connected an usb keyboard directly to the usb port on the laptop, the keyboard disconnect and connect itselft many many times. The only way that I found to fix that issue is to connect mouse and keyboard directly to the razer core v2. In that way I don't have that issue. 

I am in desesperate position because I really want to this to work. I don't want to get desktop pc just to be able to enjoy the computer power of the RTX 2080 TI. This system is like my toy on the weekends and nights after the baby fall to sleep. 

If you guys have any idea of suggestion which doesnt involve buy a desktop I will try to perform them. I will go back to nvidia and told them that their recomendation didnt work (nvidia told me disable v-sync and put power managment to the maximum performance).

Thanks

Did you try Razer gpu switcher? If not try this. I was using 2080ti turbo but got deal for xc2080, so i sold that. It was fine with Blade 15 as host on Core v2. It use same pcb so it should also work on your Blade Pro like me. The only issue I had was when I used gaming mode which is automatically on Blade 15 overclocking the gpu including one that on enclosure, OC value seems not same as desktop since the enclosure has only 500watt PSU. About pheriperals I used Blade 15 free ports, since I thought it would help 2080ti delivers best performance even though I know it’s controlled on separate lanes, since the card consume almost similar with Vega 64 that seems doesn’t work on Core v2.

Razer Blade 15 2018, i7 8750H 16gb ddr4 2666mhz 1tb 970Evo
Razer Blade Stealth 12,5 2016 i7 7500U 8gb ddr3 1866mhz 500gb 970Evo
MacBook Pro 13 mid 2012 i5 3210M 12gb ddr3 1600mhz 500GB HDD
Razer Core V2 rtx 2070 Black 2040mhz Boost clock
Previous setting: rtx 2080ti Asus Turbo, rtx 2080 xc gaming, rtx 2080 Fe, Zotac Mini 1080ti, Evga 1080 FTW2 gaming.
Dual Monitor Predator XB241YU 165Hz 1440p, LG l24UD58 60Hz 4K
Portable Monitor Magedok 1440p HDR 60Hz usbA/C monitor

ReplyQuote
BadAss_Bender
(@badass_bender)

Hi 

I got an update from NVIDA.

Looks like my graphics card is damaged. I got some issues now on google chrome (some artifacts).
The system starting to freeze. I didn't noticed but on the weekend after the unit got freeze playing crysis, it was hard to recover and boot correctly with egpu. I was able to boot up after waiting for few minutes. 

I also didn't connect anything on the usb ports of the razer core and I got the same problem, the game freeze while playing after couple of minutes. It is funny than I though for a second that maybe the drivers and power drop from the usb was the problem and then the game just crash again.

So far I can only play with the geforce gtx 1060, missing so much the power of the RTX. I was able to play crysis everything high at 3440 x 1440 with 60 FPS or more, which in my opinion is insane. When I a use the gtx1060 with the same settings I get around 12 fps, and that is having an egpu, so I guess without EGPU it should be around 80 fps.  

I just hope nvidia send me my new graphics cards soon. It really sucks pay for it at August and still doesn't have it working. 

🙁

I installed the drivers from razer using synapse 3.

The vega 64 consumes around 300 Watts while the nvidia rtx 2080 ti consumes 260. The EGPU gives up 375 watts to the graphics card, that means it shouldn't have this problem unless the egpu is defective. 

Regards

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Unfortunately RTX 1080 2080 Ti dying is a fairly common issue.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
jerry Kansai
(@joi_kansai)
Estimable Member

Posted by: itsage

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Unfortunately RTX 1080 Ti dying is a fairly common issue.

This! Though you meant rtx 2080ti or joking about their performance :mrgreen:

Previous setting: rtx 2080ti Asus Turbo, rtx 2080 xc gaming, rtx 2080 Fe, Zotac Mini 1080ti, Evga 1080 FTW2 gaming.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Sorry it was a typo. RTX 2080 Ti dying and its superior performance is no joke.  😀

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
jerry Kansai
(@joi_kansai)
Estimable Member

Hi 

I got an update from NVIDA.

Looks like my graphics card is damaged. I got some issues now on google chrome (some artifacts).
The system starting to freeze. I didn't noticed but on the weekend after the unit got freeze playing crysis, it was hard to recover and boot correctly with egpu. I was able to boot up after waiting for few minutes. 

I also didn't connect anything on the usb ports of the razer core and I got the same problem, the game freeze while playing after couple of minutes. It is funny than I though for a second that maybe the drivers and power drop from the usb was the problem and then the game just crash again.

So far I can only play with the geforce gtx 1060, missing so much the power of the RTX. I was able to play crysis everything high at 3440 x 1440 with 60 FPS or more, which in my opinion is insane. When I a use the gtx1060 with the same settings I get around 12 fps, and that is having an egpu, so I guess without EGPU it should be around 80 fps.  

I just hope nvidia send me my new graphics cards soon. It really sucks pay for it at August and still doesn't have it working. 

🙁

I installed the drivers from razer using synapse 3.

The vega 64 consumes around 300 Watts while the nvidia rtx 2080 ti consumes 260. The EGPU gives up 375 watts to the graphics card, that means it shouldn't have this problem unless the egpu is defective. 

Regards

Wait, there’s nothing to do with synapse 3 and both your host laptop and device the core v2, they are all synapse 2. All you need is installing same driver from nvidia with nvidia experience or directly from nvidia website. Yes as @itsage mentioned such defects, like artifacts happens also on desktop setting. On my 2080ti turbo usage  I didn’t have the issue though, I would recommend using gpu switcher for avoiding trouble shooting with dGPU, to me gpu switcher works fine till now with rtx 2080 too, for FPS and esports titles on 144Hz 1080p I’m using Blade 15 dGPU, Core setting I use for mostly 4K and some demanding games like wildlands 1440p, switching gpu is easier with that.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
BadAss_Bender
(@badass_bender)

I have synapse 3 for the keyboard and mouse which are razer too. I should stop buying razer with the bad support that they have. They told me that the Nvidia RTX 2080 TI is not supported and I am like, if they sell an equipement with PCIE 3.0 X 16 and they claim it gives up 375 Watts to the GPU and the RTX consume 260 it should be capable to handle it without problems. 

I asked for a technical explanation why it is not supported, I don't think they will find one.

Regards

ReplyQuote
jerry Kansai
(@joi_kansai)
Estimable Member

I have synapse 3 for the keyboard and mouse which are razer too. I should stop buying razer with the bad support that they have. They told me that the Nvidia RTX 2080 TI is not supported and I am like, if they sell an equipement with PCIE 3.0 X 16 and they claim it gives up 375 Watts to the GPU and the RTX consume 260 it should be capable to handle it without problems. 

I asked for a technical explanation why it is not supported, I don't think they will find one.

Regards

I see, yes I’ve also keyboard that only supports Synapse 2 beside core v2 and Blade 15 Synapse 3, sometimes i should explain this and that to proof things to them, but mostly their cs known know nothing technically, i prefer calling technical support here in Hamburg their eu office to ask that. On gaming usage it’s actually boost to almost 280 watt, though still under 375 watt gpu max power corev2, so Specs wise it should work. The things that I noticed that OC value that I got from manuals OC and OC scanner is lower than desktop setting, and they’re mostly using minimum 650 watt PSU for 2080ti.

ReplyQuote