Notifications
Clear all

Razer Blade Stealth 11th Gen with 2070 Gaming Box - Warzone Performance.  

RSS

ha1o2surfer
(@se12897)
Trusted Member

Hello everyone, in the quest to get better warzone performance, I went out and got a razer stealth. This isn't a review but I'll post my pros and cons of the machine then in the future, I'll post some warzone benchmarks, TB3 vs TB4 on the same machine. 

Pros:

light weight

Great Screen

Fans are so quiet even under heavy load. 

Temps never reach above 75c

battery life is around 8-9 hours of my usage (1.6-2.1w idle) 3.3 watts at full screen brightness. 

No need to disable the dGPU in the razer when using the eGPU, both show up and work fine and the dGPU can be used for stuff like OBS encoding

Cons: 

Only 20v USB pd charging, no boost circuit or boost circuit is disabled

Fingerprint magnet!

Razer synapse software is a pig, but its needed to enable full CPU turbo boost. 

no charging of USB devices while the laptop is off

Quick warzone numbers. 

I'm looking at a 30% boost is FPS in warzone in every part of the map! I can easily sustain 90-100fps except, Downtown which used to be 43-55fps and horrible frametimes. Now i'm staying above 65fps via TB4. I wonder if a TB4 eGPU will further boost performance? Running in TB3 mode is easy, just daisy chain your eGPU with a thunderbolt dock. It gets the same exact performance as a native TB3 port on my system. 

In order to keep my one cable setup, I use a USB c hub attached to the USB C port on the 2070. That feeds my USB devices, my network and my audio. Works great without affecting my FPS at all. Since the data is traveling on the same bus as the nvidia card, it doesn't suffer from dropouts. BUT I haven't actually tested the USB on the gaming box when attached to a TB4 host, maybe dropouts aren't a thing anymore.

EDIT: I can not find the bandwidth test when installing davinci resolve. I'd love to test small block performance.

This topic was modified 9 months ago
2020 13" HP EliteBook 830 G7 [10th,6C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

MrCat, odin and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin
Builds: 155

@se12897, Thank you for sharing your impression of the new RBS. The integrated Thunderbolt controller does improve performance numbers as well as irl experience. Did you consider the Razer Book 13?

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

odin liked
ReplyQuote
ha1o2surfer
(@se12897)
Trusted Member

@itsage, Smile I'm all ADHD all the time, so I want to take my time doing the benchmarks so they make sense! I will have them posted sometime next week!

I did. the reason I went for the Stealth was actually due to the dGPU. My reasoning is the increased cooler overhead when running just an eGPU. Full CPU load temps playing warzone is about 60c with the fan on the lowest setting. It's pretty quiet. 

2020 13" HP EliteBook 830 G7 [10th,6C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

odin and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin
Builds: 155

@se12897, That makes perfect sense. We need the best cooling system on the CPU possible to get the most out of an eGPU setup.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

odin and ha1o2surfer liked
ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

Posted by: @se12897

Only 20v USB pd charging, no boost circuit or boost circuit is disabled

What's the problem here? What does a boost circuit do and how does it help here?

20V is the max voltage for PD. If it's 5A then that's the max current and the max power (100W). Anything more than that wouldn't be PD. Am I missing something?

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
ha1o2surfer
(@se12897)
Trusted Member

@joevt, What i meant by boost circuit is if the PD charger only supports a max voltage of 15v then the boost circuit inside the laptop will still allow the battery to charge but at a much slower rate. 

For example, my HP 840 G6 allows for PD voltages as low at 5 volts to charge the laptop when it's off, and as low as 9v while the laptop is on even though it calls for a 20v USB adapter. this is great as I can use any old charger lying around in a pinch. HP  calls it "Boost Circuit" in their BIOS and has it enabled by default. It's an awesome feature. 

This post was modified 4 months ago

joevt liked
ReplyQuote