Razer blade stealth + RTX 3070, going worse than 980 Ti.

Notifications
Clear all

Razer blade stealth + RTX 3070, going worse than 980 Ti.  

RSS

Macro Music
(@macro_music)

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my Razer Core X from the 980Ti to a 3070, but seems i'm getting unplayable results, even worse than with the 980 Ti.

I can't even play battlefield 5 in 1080p on low settings...

Someone know what this can be related to?

Laptop hardware:
Razer blade stealth late 2019
i7 1065G7
16 GB RAM
2TB NVMe SSD

A thing that I noticed is:

980Ti usage:
GPU: 100%
CPU: 100%

3070 usage:
GPU: 1-5%
CPU: 100%

While playing battlefield 5

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Staged
(@staged)

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck, as GPU has low usage but CPU has 100%.

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP455) [6th,4C,HQ] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 11.1 & Win10 20H2

ReplyQuote
Macro Music
(@macro_music)

What is strange is that it's even worse than the 980 Ti, also online seems that there is people playing with older cpu's and 3080's..

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
phila-delphia
(@phila-delphia)
Eminent Member

Hi threre Macro Music!

You checked GPU-Z performance values yet (see below)? This could help you and the ones responding to make a more educated guess.

Best regards

phila

P.S.: I am sure you not only swapped the GPU but uninstallen (Driver uninstaller) the old an reinstalled the brand new drivers.

This post was modified 2 months ago
2019 15" Lenovo Yoga C940 (GTX1650) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Macro Music
(@macro_music)

Yes, I used DDU to unistall the old drivers

ReplyQuote
Lycid
(@lycid)
Eminent Member

Internal or external monitor?

Try using an external monitor, then disable the internal GPU's in device manager and then see how it runs. Some games really can't figure out the eGPU/dGPU split so you have to force it via windows.

How do other games run?

How are your temps?

You said you used DDU, but you might not have installed the correct 3070 drivers. You could try installing again, this time making sure windows isn't installing "default drivers" - look up guides on this forum on how to do a correct, completely clean install that involves disabling windows's ability to automatically look for an install drivers. Often times when using eGPU's it'll not install the correct drivers for your eGPU. You should install them manually instead in safe mode using device manager.

Laptop: Razer Blade Advanced 15" w/ GTX 2060, i7 8750H, 16GB RAM
eGPU: Razer Core x Chroma w/ 2080ti

ReplyQuote
Macro Music
(@macro_music)

esternal monitors (double 4K monitors in display port)

ReplyQuote