Razer Core X doesn't get recognized, but the gpu fan is spinning at max and LED ...

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X doesn't get recognized, but the gpu fan is spinning at max and LED is lit - Window bootcamp on MBP 16" AMD 5300m  

RSS

Haewon Kim
(@haewon_kim)

Device: MBP 16"

dGPU: AMD 5300m

eGPU: RTX 2070 w/ Razer Core X

Bootcamp: Windows 10 on portable SSD

Windows 10 OS Build: 19042.630 

Hi, I'd like to share an issue I'm facing with the Razer Core X under the configurations I added above.

I've read through successful cases with the similar configurations as mine, and I followed what they did, but I didn't have a luck.

When I connect the Razer Core X (using the thunderbolt 3 cable included), Windows doesn't flag anything, i.e. sound when a device is connected or notification that a driver is being installed, etc.

However, the LED and the fan of the GPU works fine; actually the both the two fans are spinning at max.

I've tried:

1. Use DDU to erase AMD graphics driver

2. Factory reset Windows 10 on the portable SSD

3. Use Driver Booster to update anything pops up there

4. Try installing Nvdia graphics driver, ofc it didn't let me since no device was recognized

5. Try all thunderbolt 3 ports on my MBP

6. Connect the Razer Core 5 minutes after the booting

7. Connect the Razer Core when I see the Windows logo while booting

Please leave any feedback if anyone has faced similar issue or could suspect a possible root cause.

Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Gabriel Meola
(@gabriel_meola)

Yeah same here. The Razer Core X Chroma is recognized during MacOS bootup (connected keyboard works) but fails to connect in Device Manager in bootcamp windows. This seemed to start happening after an update. Going to uninstall the last few.

MacBook Pro 16"
Razer Core X Chroma
Radeon RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Bussell
(@jonathan_bussell)

I have exactly the same issue on my windows laptop.  Windows doesn't recognise anything but the fans go nuts when I connect it... I'm stumped and disappointed.  So much for plug and play 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote