(@daniel_kramser)

Hey Guys,

i have an egpu setup and problems with 3Dmark

had an timespy score from 9550 and now my setup only gets 7400

Timespy starts with 80fps but after 3s it goes down to 50, same in firestrike

TB3 works with 2300Mibits Razer core X

2080Ti 2100/8000

8565u cinenench r15 855multicore 4.1ghz allcores

in games everything seems fine but in every 3Dmark the performance is too low, does anybody have an idea?

thanks a lot

found out that the card is powerlimit throtteling...

a lightningZ with LN2 Bios... omg why?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Estimable Member

NVIDIA*s control panel > 3D Setting > Global Setting > Power management setting - is it set to Maximum Performance?

This post was modified 2 months ago

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_kramser)

Yes is s at max perf, but does not effect something, 

either the powerslider in afterburner.

Power is a few ms 250-270W than throttels to 160-170W with power slider from 60% to 111% all the same

tpd shows only ~60% but it throttels with Powerlimit idk, maybe the 600W supply from razer core X cant handle the LightninZ and the Voltage is dropping or something like this

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Estimable Member

Or the Razer Blade Stealth’s cooling auto-limits the CPU to 15w mode, bottlenecking your eGPU. 

This post was modified 2 months ago

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_kramser)

CPU runs with 50W 4.1Ghz allcore, its crazy...(bios Mod, ultra performance plan)

now i managed to get 190W with the original Bios without overclock, but its only ~60% tpd in osd but powerthrottle... and the first second 260W

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_kramser)

i think its some tb3 problem , internal and external display same performance , anybody had that problem before

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_kramser)

so problem was bad thermalpaste application from MSI, only had LM at home, but results are really impressive  lol

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10142283

ReplyQuote