Resolution scaling issues between 3200x1800 laptop screen and 1920x1080 monitor

Notifications
Clear all

Resolution scaling issues between 3200x1800 laptop screen and 1920x1080 monitor  

RSS

Saavan Rijsinghani
(@saavan_rijsinghani)

I have the Razer blade stealth 2018 going through the Razer Core X to my monitor through my Aorus 1080ti. I'm having issues where certain programs are not scaling properly when I switch back and become abnormally small on my screen to a point where I can barely read anything on the window. Is this something I could fix? Has anyone else had this issue? Or is this just something the software provider needs to address?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

The problem is not entirely clear to me. Does the problem happen when you scale your 3200x1800 laptop screen to 1080p, or just by having a 1080p monitor connected? Have you tried to check the Windows scaling setting when the problem occurs? It might revert you to 100% scaling, which may be too small for you. If this happens, then you can likely cook up a batch file that would set it to whatever value you desire at the click of an icon (most windows settings can be programmed via the command line).

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote