RTX 3070 w/XPS 15 9500 (Razer Core)

Notifications
Clear all

RTX 3070 w/XPS 15 9500 (Razer Core)  

RSS

nemo1110
(@nemo1110)

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I was lucky enough to get an MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio a few days ago. I paired it to my XPS 15 9500 (i7 6C, 16GB, 1650Ti) with a Razer Core X. As of right now everything is working flawlessly (connecting with no issues) except for a few issues I have:

- Performance on all games I've tested is up to expectations except for COD: Warzone where I get very low fps at some places in the map (40-50fps at 1080p). In multiplayer I easily get 160+ fps with maxed out settings, this only happens in Warzone.

- Keyboard and Mouse (from Razer) connected via usb tupe-c hub keep disconnecting and reconnecting while on dekstop/browsing the web. No problems while gaming. Issue is almost completely fixed if I quit Razer Synapse, but still a bit annoying.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you:)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mangowuzhere
(@mangowuzhere)

I dont know if its something else related but I kept getting the disconnection issues on my setup too. Its a physical issue for me tho. My laptop doesnt like running thunderbolt and usb at the same time so I had to use a thunderbolt hub to connect all my usb devices.

2020 14" HP Spectre x360 14 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Felipe Cavallini
(@felipe_cavallini)

I have the exact same issue. Disconnecting peripherals,  and super low fps only on warzone, rest of the games are up to expectations (10-15%) less performance, but warzone is really a pain, not sure why. 

If anyone can give a hint it would be great. 

Thanks!

2018 15" Lenovo Legion Y730 (GTX1050Ti) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1650 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
drdoom2k
(@drdoom2k)

Hi there - Warzone is a beast of its own that a lot of people in the egpu space have tried to figure out why those frame drops to 40fps keep happening...I think it has to do with mobile CPUs being less powerful vs. desktop counterparts. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
hugobsh
(@hugobsh)

@nemo1110, I have exactly the same problems w/ a 5700XT on a MacBook Pro 15" 2018.

Like you, closing Razer Synapse help but the problem still there...

The most annoying is Warzone I try all the optimisation that I found but nothing works, still getting 40FPS it's really annoying and painful.

Let me know if you find a solution !

nemo1110 liked
ReplyQuote
nitroglycerin33
(@nitroglycerin33)

I have nearly the exact same setup as you. Dell XPS 9500, Razer Core X with 3070 FE, Razer Huntsman Mini, and Razer Lancehead. All USB devices are connected to a Dell WD19 docking station that I use essentially as a USB hub as it can provide the 130w to the laptop. Prior to installing the 3070 I had an RTX 2060 installed. I had the Razer Core X plugged into the top left port and the Dell WD19 plugged into the bottom left port. I had zero issues with this setup.

Once my RTX 3070 arrived the issues started. I have an arsenal of keyboards and mice from other manufacturers (logitech, razer, steelseries and corsair). No matter what combination of devices and software running the one key factor to USB devices dropping is if the mouse is connected to the USB hub. I have also tried removing the Dell WD19 from the equation as well and tested an Anker and a Belkin USB C to USB A hub. The hub will function perfect in either left side TB3 port or the USB C port on the right side.

If I connect the mouse directly to either USB C port without a hub the system functions properly even with the hub connected to another port. All of this started occurring when the 3070 was installed. I haven't found a solution yet but still working on it.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Trusted Member

@nitroglycerin33, I was having a similar issue, including with a previous RX5700XT. I ended up hooking my usb hub directly up to the laptop. I found that my Valve Index would not work properly when connected to the enclosure, so I had to use at least one USB port anyway. The enclosure port is now just used for charging devices. It's disappointing but ah well.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nitroglycerin33
(@nitroglycerin33)

My eGPU enclosure doesn't even have USB ports. No matter what is connected to the hub on another USB port will disconnect if a mouse is connected to it. I just tested a GTX 970, 1660 TI and my RTX 2060 and the issue doesn't happen. It only happens with my RTX 3070.

ReplyQuote