Ryzen 5 3600x +AMD wx7100 8gb dGPU + Razer Core X + 5700xt eGPU

Notifications
Clear all

Ryzen 5 3600x +AMD wx7100 8gb dGPU + Razer Core X + 5700xt eGPU  

RSS

sneakhead12
(@sneakhead12)

Hey everyone!

I know by the title it looks like a very odd build but hear me out and you’ll understand my situation. I currently have a 2018 Macbook Pro with 16gb of Ram but only a quad-core with igpu. I use this computer a lot for computer science stuff and video editing which ultimately led me to go the eGpu route for better performance. On the other end, I also have a high-end pc which I mostly use for CAD/CAM and thus why it has a workstation gpu in there.  I got into PC gaming this year and at first I went with the Bootcamp route which I got to work without the good old Error 12 but I found myself with a pretty hard CPU bottleneck. After a couple of days of bios tuning and a new motherboard, I finally got my eGPU to work with both my Macbook Pro and my AMD PC that I can switch by hot-plugging my TB3 cable into either my PC or MBP and the performance has been awesome.

If anyone has been struggling to get a similar build just let me know and I can give you the tweaks that ended up working for me. Here’s my current PC build:

I’m currently running the latest OS on both Mac and Windows 10

Motherboard : Gigabyte B550 vision D-P (has built-in TB3 support) 

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote