Setup & Software Discussions
Thinkpad x1 tablet gen3+ Aorus 1080 gaming box(only remove the outer cover can w...

Thinkpad x1 tablet gen3+ Aorus 1080 gaming box(only remove the outer cover can work)  

RSS

(@laigood)

I bought the Aorus 1080 gaming box from amazon,after i got it and connected to my  Thinkpad x1 tablet gen3,it not working.The led not light,fan not run.I already install the newest thunderbolt3 drivers and work fine with dell tb15 dock.I dont know why.So i remove the cover,and try again,when i connected,fan run,and slowly the led light,x1t discover the device,and after install the gtx1080 gpu driver.everything work fine.But when i install the cover.it still cant work,anyone know what's going on?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
4chip4
(@4chip4)
Estimable Member

I know this sounds trivial, but I would double-check the cabling and connections - I don't think there is anything specific about the cover itself, it might be just pressing/moving a cable/connection while closing it.

2017 HP Spectre x360 15 i7-8550U GTX150 + GTX970@16Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Oculus Rift + Win10 (no guide)
HP Omen Accelerator Thunderbolt 3 enclosure legs stand removal walkthrough
Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions expressed on this forum are my own.

ReplyQuote
(@laigood)

I try many times,all the same,the problem is the cover.I think the reason is i put it in my backpack all day when i got it.and it be press,the cover is a little out of shape.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
boomskats
(@boomskats)

It's not bent, I know what you mean. I have an aorus gaming box 1080 and the cover is a little concave, I think it is like that by design. Don't worry, you didn't break it.

I have it with an x1c6 (same chipset) and I have problems connecting. Last time what worked was lowering the iGPU memory to 256mb and got Windows to detect it, now it can't again. Thunderbolt software sees that it's plugged in, but Windows Nvidia driver can't see it. I think it's a problem with the card. Def not the cover, the cover is fine.

ReplyQuote