Setup & Software Discussions
"Thread stuck" BSOD with RX480 and Akitio Node

"Thread stuck" BSOD with RX480 and Akitio Node  

RSS

trijoco
(@trijoco)

Hi, I have an Akitio Node and XFX RX 480 and am getting the "Thread stuck in device driver" BSOD.
Specs: Lenovo ThinkPad T470, BIOS v1.58, Win10 1809 build 17763.557, TB3 software package v17.4.78.500, AMD Driver v18.12.1.1
Attempts at a fix: Un/reinstalled newest drivers with wifi disabled and using DDU, installed older drivers a forum member purported to have working (hence 18.12.1.1), disabled fast boot, checked for faulty enclosure with GTX 960 - working fine

My computer will start up, make the "device connected" sound, and then BSOD. The eGPU works fine and show in device manager if I install the drivers fresh after DDUing, and Windows gives me an Relive/XConnect notification to say that an eGPU has been connected, but if I turn the computer off and back on, the BSODs resume.

I've seen conflicting reports of TB3 BIOS settings making a difference, can anyone confirm? Any help would be much appreciated, I'm not sure what else I can try.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote