Setup & Software Discussions
Trouble setting up a windows laptop XPS 13 7390 with RX 580 Gigabyte gaming box

Trouble setting up a windows laptop XPS 13 7390 with RX 580 Gigabyte gaming box  

RSS

Makinori
(@makinori)

Ive got a RX 580 Gigabyte Gaming Box. When I connect my EGPU to my Dell XPS 13 9370, it turns on and I can use it to charge and use my peripherals but the external monitor is never detected and when I go to my device manager it tells me:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect.

However whenever I try to do this im hit with a Bitlocker error which tells me to get a recovery key. I have tried to get one but my microsoft account is locked out for no particular reason.

Is setting up a EGPU this hard? I switched to a windows laptop from a macbook pro because I just wanted a plug and play experience, I literally tried everything on the macbook pro to work and eventually gave up and went to windows but im facing multiple mind boggling problems once again.

This topic was modified 1 month ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@makinori Which version of Windows 10 are you running? Type winver into the Taskbar search box.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
Makinori
(@makinori)

@itsage

Version 1903, my BIOS is fully updated as well if that helps

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

I meant to get the OS Build number to identify whether your system is running the latest .326 and .356 which are found to be causing error 12 with eGPU.

ReplyQuote
Makinori
(@makinori)

@itsage

I am indeed running build 18362.175

Sorry I had to figure out how to screenshot on windows I completely forgot 

Screenshot 2
This post was modified 1 month ago

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@makinori I’m not familiar with running BitLocker on my machines. I would guess it interferes with Thunderbolt settings to some extent. If possible disable BitLocker completely and reset Windows 10 so that you have good starting point. The Windows 10 OS Build 18362.175 should work fine.

ReplyQuote
Makinori
(@makinori)

@itsage

I uninstalled my EGPU and restarted my laptop, now im getting a Kernap Heap Corruption error message and a blue screen whenever I try to log in.

Here is the BSOD message im getting. 

Your PC has run into an a problem and needs to restart. 

If you require additional support you can search online for this error : KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

Ive tried uninstalling the device and restarting my laptop so it reinstalls by itself. I get this message whenever I try to log in with my EGPU connected. As soon as I unplug my EGPU and reset my laptop, the computer runs as normal. My windows build is Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and my BIOS is fully updated

This post was modified 1 month ago

ReplyQuote