Setup & Software Discussions
Windows 10 Radeon VII eGPU on quadro p2000 laptop odd failure

Windows 10 Radeon VII eGPU on quadro p2000 laptop odd failure  

RSS

(@frederic_nieto_wicpar)

Hello,

Yesterday i received my new Radeon VII, an installed it in my Akitio node pro connected to my Lenovo p1 (xeon/p2000). I installed the AMD drivers.
The driver install worked and my external screen (LG 5K ultrawide) lit up and worked (even the HDR), despite the install failing on AMD Settings install.
So i gamed a while and went to sleep, not thinking too much about Radeon Settings failing to install. So (in order) i shut down the akitio node, the screen, and then put my laptop to sleep.
I should still note i installed ASUS GPUtweak II at the same time the first time around and got a blue screen.

Today I come back to the computer and the screen won't turn on, i go to the device manager and i see: Radeon VII: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
with the error event
Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_66AF&SUBSYS_081E1002&REV_C1\a&2fbd4702&0&00000008000800D8 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: display.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: BasicDisplay
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x1F
Problem Status: 0xC01E0438

XConnect does not start anymore too (it did the first time i installed it)

I tried everything i could find, reinstall amd drivers, disabling the quadro, uninstalling nvidia drivers and then reinstalling the amd ones, fix the registry with different tools, etc...
What can i try?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@frederic_nieto_wicpar)

So i continued trying things and did a full clean with DDU, Radeon Settings now install properly.
 think the remaining factor is Xconnect, i did not find how to reactivate it...

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote