X399 Gigabyte Ex Designare with AMD 1920x and Gigabyte Titan Ridge and Akitio ( ...

Notifications
Clear all

X399 Gigabyte Ex Designare with AMD 1920x and Gigabyte Titan Ridge and Akitio ( OWC) Thunder3 Dock Pro Thunderbolt No BIOS Entry?  

RSS

tipip
(@tipip)

Hi guys,

sorry to disturb, I have a question upon my PC system.

I have Thunderbolt running on my system but in order to see my Akitio dock I have always to restart Windows 10 ( Version 10.0.18363.592), o no hotplugging.

My board has THB_C header port and cable so it works, thanks to Level1Techs forum support, they explained a bit more and proper non DCH Intel NUC driver.

As for Gigabyte support, forget them, never again a Gigabyte board.

There is an admin here called itsage, couldn´t write him a message as i am new here, here is his interesting contribution:

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/thunderbolt-3-on-amd-x399-threadripper-rtx-208032gbps-tb3-razer-core-x-win10-1803-itsage/

My question, is hotplugging truly running on Asrock X399 motherboards, do they have this option for THB_C header port plus cable?

Most important detail, do they have a Thunderbolt BIOS entry as a standard BIOS option or will Thunderbolt entry option within BIOS will suddenly show up after a succesful connection with 

a Thunderbolt device?

Thanks for your time !

cheers

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tipip, Which NVM firmware version is showing on your GC-TITAN-RIDGE? Unless it's 23, it may not work very well.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
tipip
(@tipip)

@itsage

hi, thanks to your message.

I sent it to someone who flashed me fw23 otherwise it wouldn't be running at all.

Is it working on all Asrock X399 boards? With my board I got this THB_C header cable. If not what have you done?

What about Thunderbolt BIOS entries on Asrick X399 biards?

Thanks

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tipip, I have the GC-TITAN-RIDGE AIC working on two ASROCK and one ASUS motherboards. None of them have Thunderbolt settings in the BIOS. I jumped pin 3 to pin 5 to get force power on to the AIC [discussion link].

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
tipip
(@tipip)

Just tried to do that, on THB_ C cable jumped 3 to 5 pin, the free end part of cable as shown in your picture ( as other one  is connected to motherboard and completely other end to card ) and now I can't boot into system at all, my internal GPU does not work ( nothing on screen).

ReplyQuote
tipip
(@tipip)

Tried it with AIC and 3 pin to 5 option without THB_ C cable, connected USB 2.0 cable and hotplug still doesn´t work, after a Win10 boot it works, so basically nothing changed.

ReplyQuote