XPS 15 9500 / Razer Core X / 5700xt

Notifications
Clear all

XPS 15 9500 / Razer Core X / 5700xt  

RSS

Mark Yamasaki
(@mark_yamasaki)

Hi,

I have used the eGPU with a previous X1 Carbon without any major problems.  I just bought my XPS 15 and it is definitely not plug and play.  I can't get the eGPU running.  When I plug it in, I get Error 43 in device manager.  I know it isn't the card or the setup as they work fine with the X1 Carbon.  I have tried disabling both internal devices.  Any thoughts or can you point me to a good logical way to solve this?  

Thanks,

Mark

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@mark_yamasaki, What's the configuration of your XPS 9500? Run DDU to remove Radeon graphics drivers and prevent Windows from auto search and install drivers for new devices. You can then install the latest Radeon drivers manually.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mark Yamasaki
(@mark_yamasaki)

Thanks @itsage.

I have read most of the issues on the mac forum.  I started with the DDU and re-install all the drivers, replace the file pci.sys which finally got it to work.  Then I took the lead to go the the Win10 2004 update and everything is working great.   

2020 15 Dell XPS 9500 I7-10750H + Red Devil 5700XT (Razer X Core)  

If I get some time and the 2004 solution keeps working, I'll write up the build.  It was initially very disappointing as I was about to give up and buy a new 2070 Super Card but so far so good.

Mark

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Eugene
(@eugene_1)

Hi! I've just got my new 9500 and I'm trying to figure out if it works properly with my Asus ROG Station Pro and GTX 1080.
Heaven test seems to be underperforming:

Also, some issues with RDR2:

1.RDR2 seems to run at 30-35 FPS on Ultra and 40-45 FPS on Medium.
2. RDR2 seems to detect only 4GB of video memory of my 1080 instead of 8GB. WTF?
My previous 9575 detected 8GB of video memory and RDR2 was playable around 50 FPS on Medium.

So, something is definitely not right here, please help me to figure out what exactly?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote