[Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)

Notifications
Clear all

[Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)  

of  45
  RSS

bmagnien
(@bmagnien)
Trusted Member

@itsage, that’s exactly what I’m doing, directly behind the psu, connected to the included molex, removed the ssd tray and reworked the wiring a bit to clear some room. Super pumped that all the pieces I bought fit together well and the top of the case is perfectly sized for a 120mm fan. I’m imagining double side intake will create a lot of positive pressure and this top exhaust will work like a chimney funneling all that high pressure hot air up and out. We shall see. Also found a nice little slot for 2.5” sata. Very happy so far!

98E9A509 6A2E 4C7B B5CD 45A22A9FA6AF
0CEC1E41 838A 4FF7 8485 6E95A24EB5A1

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5600M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 3090 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
bmagnien
(@bmagnien)
Trusted Member

@mymantiz_john, I’ve been testing read/write speed via a connected Samsung 860 Evo 1tb ssd in the enclosure via the included sata data cable and power cable, connected to my machine via the included TB3 cable. Read/write speeds in both Windows and OSX are 240/340mbs. Samsung says they should be mid 500s for both. Any idea why it’d be underperforming?

@itsage do you have speed test results for the PNY ssd you were using?

thanks!

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5600M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 3090 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: @bmagnien

@mymantiz_john, I’ve been testing read/write speed via a connected Samsung 860 Evo 1tb ssd in the enclosure via the included sata data cable and power cable, connected to my machine via the included TB3 cable. Read/write speeds in both Windows and OSX are 240/340mbs. Samsung says they should be mid 500s for both. Any idea why it’d be underperforming?

@itsage do you have speed test results for the PNY ssd you were using?

thanks!

SATA III Bandwidth is 6Gb. And all IO from Saturn Pro  is allocated in a single 5Gb USB 3.0 GenI . including the SATA / USB / SD and Lan 

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@bmagnien, I used an old PNY SSD and did a test with other expansion components in use concurrently.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
bmagnien
(@bmagnien)
Trusted Member

@itsage, ok thanks! our read speeds are identical, I was getting 240 write with no other I/O, not even a gpu lol. Thought I should expect 520ish each but I’m not super familiar with sata ssds through usb3 over tb3...

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@bmagnien, I will find another spare SATA SSD to test and report back. Do you have any other USB components connected?

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
bmagnien
(@bmagnien)
Trusted Member

@itsage, no other io connected to the eGPU or my laptop. I just tested it again in osx, have half partitioned as Journaled for TimeMachine and half as APFS for a WinClone backup of Bootcamp. The APFS Partition was testing at 140/160 max in black magic. It’s not a huge deal as I’m only going to be using it for backup, but I feel like something is off.

ReplyQuote
Gabrahamandfriends
(@gabrahamandfriends)

@mymantiz_john, hey so I see Amazon is now updated with black silver and gray colors. However I wanted gray and it says “currently unavailable” is that true? Or is stock Just not updated yet. Thanks

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
wittmason
(@wittmason)

I can confirm the two thunderbolt buses fixes any erratic behavior for usb and Ethernet. It’s been wonderful to finally have one cable coming from the egpu again. My wired network setup is the same as a stand-alone ethernet dongle, maybe even faster.

I had a tight squeeze in the ssd area. 

Love the stability I feel.

57D00FF9 A3F2 411E A594 B387CC0796A3
8651C51E CF8B 4D71 94A1 7666FF354C66
71B62D0D 2A56 45D4 A6A1 B6677C52B556

2019 MacBook Pro 16" + Mantiz Venus + RX 580

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: @gabrahamandfriends

@mymantiz_john, hey so I see Amazon is now updated with black silver and gray colors. However I wanted gray and it says “currently unavailable” is that true? Or is stock Just not updated yet. Thanks

All settled, please take a look of Amazon store ; all colors are available now!

Mantiz: ● ●

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 of  45