MacBook Pro + Mac OS 10.13.1 + GTX 1080ti/1080/1070/1060/1050 + Premiere Pro + M...

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro + Mac OS 10.13.1 + GTX 1080ti/1080/1070/1060/1050 + Premiere Pro + Media Encoder + After Effects + DaVinci... Your experience.  

RSS

StanislavM
(@stanislavm)

Hello! I would ask you to share your experience in work with Mac OS 10.13.1 + MacBook Pro with AMD Discrete video card on board + GTX 1080ti/1080/1070/1060/1050 + Headless HDMI.

What situations have you encountered - kind issues, freezes, unstable work or other experience with Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, After Effects, DaVinci on MacBook Mac OS 10.13.1 + GTX 1080.

And maybe you find some fix, and you ready to share experience.

Or other pro apps for video editing and postproduction.

Thank you!

Macbook PRO 15' 2017 i7 3.1 / RP 560 + Aourus Gaming Box / Mac OS only

ReplyQuote
Lars Steenhoff
(@lars_steenhoff)

Davinci resolve 14 is faster with editing cinema dng raw files with the amd internal card on my macbook 15 amd 460 4gb than a 1080ti externaly connected with sonnet 550 on osx high sierra

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
StanislavM
(@stanislavm)

Posted by: Lars Steenhoff

Davinci resolve 14 is faster with editing cinema dng raw files with the amd internal card on my macbook 15 amd 460 4gb than a 1080ti externaly connected with sonnet 550 on osx high sierra

With Davinci usb key and latest updates? Low perfomance only felt with DMG?

Macbook PRO 15' 2017 i7 3.1 / RP 560 + Aourus Gaming Box / Mac OS only

ReplyQuote
Rakesh Malik
(@rakesh_malik)

I've been using Resolve Studio (and Fusion Studio) on a Razer Blade Stealth 2016 edition with a Razer Core and EVGA 1080Ti FTW card. The performance has been decent, but the machine itself is terrible; the chassis is coming part as the screws fall out, and the best USB throughput I can get on any combination of USB ports is around 30 MBps.

So... I'm looking for a replacement machine, and right now debating between a Spectre x360 15 inch with dGPU + 8th gen i7 and a Yoga 920 with an 8th gen i7 to replace it while saving for a dedicated color grading desktop.

I've been forced to switch to OpenGL recently; for reasons that I haven't yet successfully identified, CUDA no longer works; it renders Redcode clips as black frames.

Fusion Studio renders 8K redcode to 8K in a composite about 15x more quickly with OpenCL enabled than without, but it also crashes a lot on this machine.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote