eGPU to work with Iray render
First of all; a big shout out to all you developers who are making this possible for Mac users! I did a bit of research before buying my setup but I'd never thought it would be this hard. My setup:
- MacBook Air (Early 2015) with High Sierra 10.13.6
- Sonnet Breakaway 550W (connected through TB3 > TB2 adapter from Apple)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING 11G
The situation is as followed: I went through the following steps to make the eGPU work:
- Clean High Sierra Install
- Script in fr34k's topic by Robbert Skipper solving the problem of wrangler and installing the correct drivers): https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/script-fr34ks-macos-egpu-sh-one-script-all-solutions-fully-automated/paged/19/
Except for a cold start everything works perfectly. I used Unigine Heaven to benchmark the performance and it runs well:
However, I purchased the eGPU and NVIDIA card to produce faster Iray renders in Daz 3d. Daz is suppose to support eGPU so I don't know why the program does not acknowledge my eGPU in the render settings. When I check preferences, it's there:
I already ran the set-eGPU script but it didn't do anything. Does anyone here have any idea what it could be? Or did anyone have similar experiences with other 3d programs? Please share!
Thanks in advance!