Photoshop CC 2017 eGPU Graphics Acceleration HELP???!!!???

Notifications
Clear all

Photoshop CC 2017 eGPU Graphics Acceleration HELP???!!!???  

RSS

ilovekush
(@ilovekush)

http://imgur.com/a/iLbdo

-15" mid-2014 MacBook Pro (Iris graphics only) running OS X Sierra 10.12.2, Photoshop CC 2017
-MSI Geforce GTX 980 GAMING 4GB
-Highpoint RocketStor 6361A
-EVGA 600B power supply

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum!

Need some help troubleshooting my setup above.  Installed all hardware, ran automate-eGPU.sh script and downloaded latest nVidia Web Drivers.  Everything seems to be running smoothly in OS X, but Photoshop only recognizes the internal Intel Iris Graphics.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks squad!

Andy

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
akash4393
(@akash4393)
Eminent Member

Hey @ilovekush, I have a working installation of GTX 1060 MSI 6 GB on a Mid 2014 13 inch rMBP. I have been facing the same issue. Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom are not detecting the eGPU. Were you able to find a solution? 

I am currently using Adobe apps in Bootcamp. But I would really prefer having these app work in MacOS as it allows me to easily upload to iCloud (which I use for storing my images) without requiring a restart. 

2019 16-inch MacBook Pro (i9/1TB/64GB/5500 - 8GB). Akitio Node (Corsair SF600) - Vega 64

2014 13" MacBook Pro [5th,2C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.14.5 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
manangel19
(@manangel19)

The script created by jonwatso ( https://egpu.io/forums/builds/late-2013-13-macbook-pro-rx-480-8gb-16gbps-tb2-akitio-node-via-tb3-tb2-adapter-macos-10-12-4/ ) works like a charm in both LR and PS.

Screen Shot

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ariksaja
(@ariksaja)

Posted by: ilovekush

http://imgur.com/a/iLbdo

-15" mid-2014 MacBook Pro (Iris graphics only) running OS X Sierra 10.12.2, Photoshop CC 2017
-MSI Geforce GTX 980 GAMING 4GB
-Highpoint RocketStor 6361A
-EVGA 600B power supply

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum!

Need some help troubleshooting my setup above.  Installed all hardware, ran automate-eGPU.sh script and downloaded latest nVidia Web Drivers.  Everything seems to be running smoothly in OS X, but Photoshop only recognizes the internal Intel Iris Graphics.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks squad!

Andy

I have seen that problem before, but i'm not using MacBook. I use Mac mini with TV as monitor and i even only use one display. Those problem occure only when i connect two display cables ( main HDMI using iGPU and thunderbolt using eGPU) the problem is missing after i unplug main HDMI with iGPU and I never use both display at the same time again. 

2012 Mac Mini [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.12.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
gnu
 gnu
(@gnu)

I have the same issue with my 1080ti. Can't use hardware acceleration on every adobe product. Anybody found a solution to this or shall we have to wait for nvidia driver updates?

Edit

Ok, finally got all my softwares to get egpu accelerated using a modified version of jonwatso script to fit my needs.

Side effect: Completely disabling internal graphics will also disable hardware acceleration on your main screen if you're using a macbook. You'll need to get a headless GS and use that trick to enable egpu acceleration on your native screen.

ReplyQuote