(@dope)
Eminent Member

Im trying to get both igpu and dgpu to work without dgpu error 43

Setup:

MacBook pro 15 1019 Mojave all updates

bootcamp windows 10 all update

apple_set_os.efi no display attachments with latest intel igpu drivers

Results:

Error 43 with dgpu but display is still powered by it (not igpu).

I am able to use windows to assign the igpu to any application and utilize it. So I at least know its functioning. 

Discovery and possible solution:

when igpu is activated the display is automatically attached to basic driver.

i tried to update driver but it wont let me force it. is there a way I can force this?

igpu
dgpu

This topic was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dope The Intel iGPU in 2018-2019 15" & 19" MacBook Pro laptops are crippled due to Apple firmware. Even when you force enable it through apple_set_os.efi, it doesn't really work. Many members have tried different approaches but it remains impossible atm.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
Dope
 Dope
(@dope)
Eminent Member

@itsage

The igpu is not crippled. Like I said, if you force activate it, you can assign it to any app you want to use it as a graphic processor. It has full functionally as far as I can tell. In premiere you can see it hardware accelerating h.264/5. 

The problem is the display is only refreshing at 1hz. When checking what graphic processor is attached to the display it shows Microsoft basic display driver, possibly due to error 43 on dgpu. Im sure you already know this. 

this is why I ask, is there a way to force install 560x unified driver over the windows basic display driver. I think this would solve the issue. Thanks. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote