AIRFLOW after RAZER Core X Mod - SF750 and Noctua 120mm fan with VEGA 56 Gigabyt...

Notifications
Clear all

AIRFLOW after RAZER Core X Mod - SF750 and Noctua 120mm fan with VEGA 56 Gigabyte  

RSS

fsaguiguit
(@fsaguiguit)

Hi All,

Thanks to eGPU.io and the community Ive been able to reduce the noise for my eGPU.

My question after doing the SF750 Corsair Mod and Noctua 120mm fan replacement is about the airflow.

The GIGAbyte Vega 56 card creates a lot of heat and I noticed the stock PSU I’ve taken out, was a exhaust for the casing it was a straight through exhaust benefiting from the 120mm as intake and the GPU as intake and then dumping it through the PSU to the back.

I’m looking for anyone who has a idea on whether I should flip the 120mm fan to exhaust or put a fan on the front panel to encourage airflow from the front or mod the top some how and put a exhaust to extract the heat. 

I’m a noob so PLEASE any advice! 

Thankyou all

I can attach a photo if needed. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mbliss11
(@mbliss11)
Eminent Member

I tested airflow with my Aikito Node a while ago and found that I get better temps with the 120mm fan on the front blowing air out of the enclosure rather than bringing cool air in.  Do an experiment!  Try it in one position - monitor temps - and then switch it monitor again and use what is best! 

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Leovinus
(@leovinus)
Estimable Member

In case someone more knowledgeable chimes in I'd like to ask a related question. Can the PSU temps be checked from the OS? That way one can experiment with their setup and decide on the optimal fan configuration for their system.

And is it possible to do this in MacOS as well as Windows? If at all?

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.5 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mbliss11
(@mbliss11)
Eminent Member

Not familiar with any software that you can use to check power supply temps may have to use a laser thermometer for that.  For GPU temps Windows 20H2 has that built into task manager.  You can also download MSI Afterburner and check cpu and gpu temps as well. 

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [build link]  

Leovinus liked
ReplyQuote