[GUIDE] Quiet fan replacement for AORUS Gaming Box GTX 1080/1070

Notifications
Clear all

[GUIDE] Quiet fan replacement for AORUS Gaming Box GTX 1080/1070  

of  9
  RSS

junglex
(@junglex)

@pessimistickarma, Just the two Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX fans. Each fan comes a "omni join" clip, so I just used both those to wire the fans together as there is only 1 header.  The whole process is pretty easy.  It is definitely worth the upgrade as it makes a huge difference in noise control.

As for upgrading the PSU fan, it is a bit too intrusive for me.  I can live with the noise under header load. Under light load, it's pretty quiet now with just the two fans replaced.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
RX 580 GAMING BOX

ReplyQuote
PessimisticKarma
(@pessimistickarma)

@junglex, awesome. Thank you. I just ordered what you did, looking forward to swapping them out. I found a comment on Amazon mentioning a fan splitter as well, did you use that?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3QIT3QV6RRI3C/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl

This post was modified 1 year ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
junglex
(@junglex)

@pessimistickarma, you could use a fan splitter. That would be the easy way.  There is only 1 fan header and you are trying to power 2 fans.  I didn't want to spend any money so I didn't use a splitter.  Instead, got creative with the stuff in the Noctua kit.  I connected 1 omni join to each fan with provided connector, then wired the open ends of both omni joins together with a cut 3.2 pin adapter (also provided in the kit, but cut myself).

IMG 1286

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
RX 580 GAMING BOX

ReplyQuote
 of  9