External PSUs with 300W for AKiTiO Thunder3, Thunder2 and Node Light?

Notifications
Clear all

External PSUs with 300W for AKiTiO Thunder3, Thunder2 and Node Light?  

of  3
  RSS

enjoy
(@enjoy)
Reputable Member

@ed_co I don't need right now, i just post it for the users with mini-eGPU to have alternatives of Dell DA-2 if they used 1080, for all other GPU that fits in Thunder2, Thunder3 and Node Lite - DA-2 is enough or Mean Well 252W if you want to overclock!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Later 2013) 3.2GHz Quad Core Intel i7-4750HQ / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / 256GB SSD + 1TB
mini eGPUPCI Express vs. ThunderboltMac CAN gameGaming Laptops vs. MacBook Pro with eGPU

2012 13" MacBook Air [3rd,2C,U] + GTX 1060 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.12 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
vava726
(@vava726)
Estimable Member

Next projet: power on m my nuc 19V(120W) and my bizon box with a single powersupply.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mintroini
(@mintroini)

Hi all, I bought a Dell DA-2 to do a build for a GTX760. I am seeing several example on the power consumption list, but the dealbreaker seems to be the gtx 1080 which runs at 180 watts.
Will the DA-2 run a GTX760 (seems to be 170w) + the Akitio card? Or maybe run the Akitio with its original PSU + the Dell DA2 for the GPU only

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
banda banda
(@banda_banda)

They should totally let you see the sales figures! This would give you a better idea of what most of the people are buying so yo could produce your content accordingly. That’s just my 2 cents. Thanks for another great video!TutuApp AppValley Adam4adam

This post was modified 1 year ago

ReplyQuote
 of  3